Official 2014 Recruiting thread

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Not sure how but he is a 2 for 2.

I think that must be a misprint where you are reading that, because math would dictate that 5 - 2 = 3.

Would be interested to see if he is able to petition his FR season as a redshirt if he only played one game at TN and in fact left the team to work on grades.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I think that must be a misprint where you are reading that, because math would dictate that 5 - 2 = 3.

Would be interested to see if he is able to petition his FR season as a redshirt if he only played one game at TN and in fact left the team to work on grades.

That is what Trey Scott is reporting so I am going to blindly follow that until told otherwise haha.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I don't think he said that and if he did he is wrong unless there is some odd circumstance where he lost a year.

I guess it depends on how you read it. It's in the premium article. Usually Trey specifies 3 for 2 if that is the case. Could certainly be 3 for 2 if I read what he wrote wrong.

There is another poster on the scout board that said "2 for 2" so maybe I connected those in my head with Trey saying "2 years of eligibility remaining".

Last edited:

Cyclophile1

Dec 14, 2009
Overland Park, KS
I don't think he said that and if he did he is wrong unless there is some odd circumstance where he lost a year.

There was a note in the Tennessee site that had him listed as a December grad and early enrollee out of HS, in which case they were hoping to assign his initial grant in December of 2011 for the 2011-2012 academic year. Perhaps that early enrollment, if it happened, started his clock technically in 2011? Don't know if that happened or what came of it, but that could (in theory) explain it. It would really be a shame if he burned a year off his 5-year clock on the early enrollment and a second on playing one game. That would be prime stuff to get a year back, I would think.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
There was a note in the Tennessee site that had him listed as a December grad and early enrollee out of HS, in which case they were hoping to assign his initial grant in December of 2011 for the 2011-2012 academic year. Perhaps that early enrollment, if it happened, started his clock technically in 2011? Don't know if that happened or what came of it, but that could (in theory) explain it. It would really be a shame if he burned a year off his 5-year clock on the early enrollment and a second on playing one game. That would be prime stuff to get a year back, I would think.

Enrolling early is a way to for colleges to back log scholarship numbers to keep in line with the 25 max per year, it doesn't change the amount of years a student receives to play their 4. If you work it out, a December grad would be on campus January of 2012, which gives him until January of 2017 - still 3 more years to go.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I guess it depends on how you read it. It's in the premium article. Usually Trey specifies 3 for 2 if that is the case. Could certainly be 3 for 2 if I read what he wrote wrong.

There is another poster on the scout board that said "2 for 2" so maybe I connected those in my head with Trey saying "2 years of eligibility remaining".

Yeah, I think that's what happened. He can play two but should have a redshirt year available. As far as enrolling early, it doesn't matter.

Cyclophile1

Dec 14, 2009
Overland Park, KS
Enrolling early is a way to for colleges to back log scholarship numbers to keep in line with the 25 max per year, it doesn't change the amount of years a student receives to play their 4. If you work it out, a December grad would be on campus January of 2012, which gives him until January of 2017 - still 3 more years to go.

Okay, that makes sense. It's good that a player can't get burned on early enrollment like that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron