Offense > Defense

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
Offense was great in KC against Houston who might be the only team in the country that plays better defense than us.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
It wasn't offense > defense. It was the fact that our offense was embarrassing tonight. 11-25 on layups and dunks and we lost by 4. We have players just lose their f'ng minds for periods of time.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
We have to get better offensively but the title of this thread is what I disagree with. We saw offense with Fred and when facing good defenses we had no chance. Defense wasn’t amazing tonight but it wasn’t that bad. They missed free throws they don’t normally do, but our pressure likely had them tired. I mean Illinois had 67 points with 40 seconds to play and they have been torching teams on offense the last month. Had you told me they had 67 with 40 seconds to play, coupled with the defense they play, I would have told you we were going to win by double digits.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Proven high level offensive starters are the guys we can’t afford in the portal. But we’re ramping up the HS recruiting of shooters and our developmental work continues to be great. We keep our core, get a few more dynamic bigs and another shooter and we’re NC caliber.

Defense was the right way to turn the program around and the offense will keep improving each year.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Overly simplistic take. The best teams need both. Don't disagree that the offense can improve.

And the stars need to align for both along with some luck.

With better luck tonight ISU wins.

AZ was highly ranked in both D and O and couldn't do it either.

Sweet 16s are an elite thing.

cyphoon

Sep 8, 2011
1- We did see offensive improvement over last year, so that is a plus.

2- In the first half, Illinois had our defense figured out. Our offense has to be good enough to hold serve until we can make adjustments. Didn't happen tonight.

3- If you are getting to the rim, then the offensive system is doing its job. Missing a dozen bunnies just friggin stings.

H

Reactions: madguy30

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
What this team really needs is a second defense. One that they can switch to for a change of pace. All trap, all the time is hard to watch when it isnt working.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Having rapist out for a good amount of time also helped with that. We needed to get a lead before they brought him back in and just couldn't quite do it.
We gained ground, but we had a possession with him guarding Tre King in the lane, and we didn't even try to pass it into him. Could've fouled him out with about 6 minutes left.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

CycloneFntic

Mar 17, 2024
Year after year March proves the deeper you get into the tournament the more important offense becomes. If you look at efficiencies, the national champion for the last decade has always been near the top 10 for offense, defense not so much. Now that TJ has had time to get his guys in the building I hope next year we can start to become a threat on offense to take the program to the next level.
Like when we lost to Virginia?

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
our last 3 NCAA Tournament games against Power 6 teams have had bad starts. Pittsburg last year, WSU this year, and of course Illinois today. So this is a pattern. We have to figure out a way to start better.

Reactions: jbhtexas

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron