Next year.

lakewoodcy

Mar 23, 2010
We don't rebuild, we just reload.

You guys realize that getting Kane in the off season was the equivalent of getting a one-and-done freshman? Fred has already made the jump to elite recruiting with Kane. If he misses on some of the fab freshmen the next couple of years, I think we've seen the blueprint for how Fred will keep the program at elite level, talent-wise. As a matter of fact, I think I'd almost prefer transfers with one or two years to play since they bring much physical and emotional maturity, and experience, that fab freshmen don't. Most of the fab freshmen this year are struggling right now. Kane is rapidly ascending!

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
It never ceases to amaze me how some fans, in particular ISU fans, cannot just enjoy the present season (in any year) without worrying about the future year(s). It's the almost mid-point of a so far undefeated season! Just enjoy this one! Worry about next year after the NCAA concludes. To me, logically, that is the time to discuss those issues, if there even are any issues.

Lighten up, quit being so damned nervous about the future, and enjoy this team.

Sounds like it you that needs to lighten up. Most people have the maturity to enjoy the present while still considering what needs to be done to enjoy similar success in the future.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
We will be fine

We return 5 of our top 7 with Niang, Hogue, Thomas, Morris and Long. Each of those guys can hit the 3.

Sure we lose great senior leadership and our top two offensive threats in Kane & Ejim- but we have two experienced players who are currently practicing with the team in McKay and Nader. Both are strong offensive players who can replace Kane & Ejims points.

Add Custer, Dorsey Walker, Edozie & new guys- this team will be top 3 Big 12 preseason. No question and easily could be #1 depending on who OSU and KU lose.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Re: We will be fine

We return 5 of our top 7 with Niang, Hogue, Thomas, Morris and Long. Each of those guys can hit the 3.

Sure we lose great senior leadership and our top two offensive threats in Kane & Ejim- but we have two experienced players who are currently practicing with the team in McKay and Nader. Both are strong offensive players who can replace Kane & Ejims points.

Add Custer, Dorsey Walker, Edozie & new guys- this team will be top 3 Big 12 preseason. No question and easily could be #1 depending on who OSU and KU lose.

No chance that group would be ahead of KU, or even Baylor, in the polls.