New Years Eve: NYC

GoldenBear

Sep 8, 2011
Johnston
Not sure how many fellow Cyclones are staying in Big Apple over New Years Eve, but looking for advice. There are countless options for Open Bar scenerios accross the city. Most very pricey and I can understand that. Does anyone have experience with these type of venues? I don't want to stand in TS, but would like to find a reasonably priced open bar or just a bar to hang at after dinner. Looking for something by Union Square or Lower East Side. Any experienced New Yorker Clones got ideas?

AreYouNUTS

Dec 5, 2011
Not sure how many fellow Cyclones are staying in Big Apple over New Years Eve, but looking for advice. There are countless options for Open Bar scenerios accross the city. Most very pricey and I can understand that. Does anyone have experience with these type of venues? I don't want to stand in TS, but would like to find a reasonably priced open bar or just a bar to hang at after dinner. Looking for something by Union Square or Lower East Side. Any experienced New Yorker Clones got ideas?

Great idea - avoid TS at all costs that night, it's just a ball! Those are 2 solid areas, with a ton of options, that you can't go wrong with. My advice: if you can, get tickets for a spot, open bar, when you arrive (and yes, you DO want to do it that way...) or over the internet. Drink bottled beer if you can, during your open bar, as it's the only way to truly get your money's worth. I can give you some ideas of spots to hit, but need some info:

- age?
- single?
- guys and girls?
- type of scene you usually like or would be interested in?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I wholeheartedly recommend listening to AreYouNUTS. But first, make sure to appreciate his name (Rutgers University Nuts!).

Seriously, this guy is throwing the main non-official Rutgers party on the morning of the game. It seems like everybody on the ScarletNation.com website sings his praises (particularly in terms of throwing a party). If you doubt me, go to the ScarletNationl.com site and read the thread about his party.

He and others posting in CF threads have been enormously helpful and often clever and humorous also.

Last edited:

FootballinTexas

Aug 2, 2009
Gonna have a couple if 19 year olds and a 20 year old with my group. The other 9 are of age. What's your suggestion.

GoldenBear

Sep 8, 2011
Johnston
Great idea - avoid TS at all costs that night, it's just a ball! Those are 2 solid areas, with a ton of options, that you can't go wrong with. My advice: if you can, get tickets for a spot, open bar, when you arrive (and yes, you DO want to do it that way...) or over the internet. Drink bottled beer if you can, during your open bar, as it's the only way to truly get your money's worth. I can give you some ideas of spots to hit, but need some info:

- age?
- single?
- guys and girls?
- type of scene you usually like or would be

Family of 4. Mom and dad can hold their own. Kids 25 and 22. So doesn't have to be family friendly. OK with any music but prefer anything from 70's up to present hip hop. Ideally can get the "ball" feel with out the hassle.

Eating at Mesa Grill and staying on LES. That's why I kept it to that side of TS

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
I wholeheartedly recommend listening to AreYouNUTS. But first, make sure to appreciate his name (Rutgers University Nuts!).

Seriously, this guy is throwing the main non-official Rutgers party on the morning of the game. It seems like everybody on the ScarletNation.com website sings his praises (particularly in terms of throwing a party). If you doubt me, go to the ScarletNationl.com site and read the thread about his party.

He and others posting in CF threads have been enormously helpful and often clever and humorous also.

I have a request to change your name to "Rutgers Boner." :jimlad:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I have a request to change your name to "Rutgers Boner." :jimlad:

Ha ha. I do really appreciate the way these guys have come on CF to help us have a great time in New York. It is nice to have guys like this rather than teenage trolls from our usual rivals. Of course, it may all come crashing down in a few days when we dominate them in the actual game.

Rutgaz

Dec 6, 2011
Gonna have a couple if 19 year olds and a 20 year old with my group. The other 9 are of age. What's your suggestion.

A lot of dance clubs are 18 to enter, 21 to drink. You probably don't want to buy advance spots for a New Year's party at a bar/lounge and then see a few of your friends get rejected at the door, so I probably wouldn't pay in advance for any place that isn't explicitly 18 and up.

Another option is going out really early. Pick a bar saturated neighborhood and kind of play Russian Roulette. Not every bar has a New Year's party and if you go out around 6 or 7, very few places will have a guy at the door yet. You'll probably deal with some rejection and/or be informed that a particular place is having a private party, but with a little effort you should find a place where you can settle in for the night.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron