New strength coach

omar34

Mar 8, 2017
Was needed after getting pushed around by Notre Dame! Hopefully he'll be the difference maker that our offensive line needs to become better blockers! Becoming stronger and in shape is what they needed!

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Nothing against Rudy Wade, but this was a huge upgrade. Highly respected; there is a reason Aaron Donald trains with him in the offseason.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Was needed after getting pushed around by Notre Dame! Hopefully he'll be the difference maker that our offensive line needs to become better blockers! Becoming stronger and in shape is what they needed!
??? I watched Pitt get pushed around by Boston College last year, and Va Tech too.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I don't think people understand how huge of a get this is.

For this guy to choose to come to Ames from another (more notable) P5 school, he had to believe three things:
  1. Matt Campbell is elite
  2. The culture, top down, is elite
  3. Matt Campbell ain't going no where
I remember watching my first Cyclone game against UNI and wondering why a P5 program looked smaller than the FCS school. There was no way we would be able to hold up against the big boys.

Now, we will. Cheers boys! Don't spill the Kool-aid.

Reactions: CyBobby

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I don't think people understand how huge of a get this is.

For this guy to choose to come to Ames from another (more notable) P5 school, he had to believe three things:
  1. Matt Campbell is elite
  2. The culture, top down, is elite
  3. Matt Campbell ain't going no where
I remember watching my first Cyclone game against UNI and wondering why a P5 program looked smaller than the FCS school. There was no way we would be able to hold up against the big boys.

Now, we will. Cheers boys! Don't spill the Kool-aid.
I mean we barely beat UNI and Drake recently...

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
If CMC things this guy is a great improvement, than that is good in my book. It seems like everytime we have a coaching change the next guy that comes in says that the weight program really needs an upgrade, and I have just the guy. This is the first time I remember ISU letting a strength coach go without the head coach going also. Guess there have been a couple guys hired away.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron