New RB on Campus - Johnnie Lang

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Taking this from paWALKrk from 247

Looks like we got a JUCO RB that seems like he is going to be on the roster. Lot of Utah people seem upset and thought he would end up there.

Visited for spring game. No idea if he is a preferred walkon or scholarship.

Last edited:

CyBlitz

May 9, 2016
247 rated him as a RB but I think legal trouble interfered with his scout rating

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Burglary in high school in Florida. Moved to Utah. Not that highly rated, but really good offers. Strange.

We definitely need a body at RB if Kene is going to have to RS this season, however, I always question bringing on board guys with questionable pasts, but I'm sure CMC has met him and knows his situation and you have to trust that. It sounds like his mom didn't like the area where they lived in Florida and the kids he was hanging out with, so maybe they moved to Utah to escape a bad situation?

His videos aren't anything that special IMO, but his 40 time is really good. If he indeed is a Cyclone, then welcome aboard, and make the best of this opportunity young man. You won't regret coming to Ames, that's for sure.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Wow that kid is explosive. His elusiveness reminds me a Deshaunte Jones, but his thicker than Deshaunte. Based on his highlights he played both RB and QB. He hits the hole like a RB. I don't know if he was a full time QB or just a wildcat option. Mostly ran the option in the QB highlights.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Wow that kid is explosive. His elusiveness reminds me a Deshaunte Jones, but his thicker than Deshaunte. Based on his highlights he played both RB and QB. He hits the hole like a RB. I don't know if he was a full time QB or just a wildcat option. Mostly ran the option in the QB highlights.
At Manatee as a junior he played RB (based on highlight video)

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Is this the guy folks were hinting about adding at the RB position a few months ago? Even better than I expected if that's the case.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron