Nebraska Fail

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Wouldn’t you also bet it states a game being playied though? In that case are they obligated to pay if no game occurred?

You’d think both sides would have sought to have specific language on such an event as weather related cancellation or postponement, including defining reasonable accommodations for an additional night.

If both sides left it to chance, costs incurred seems reasonable imo.
Just like ours the game started.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
One would think that with millions of dollars on the line, a lawyer would have looked at the contract in advance. I have to imagine this is spelled out in there.

Do you know many lawyers? It is an industry, you understand? A huge freaking stinking industry...the whole affair may or not be settled, but one thing for sure is that there will staff lawyers for both schools getting paid.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I believe I had read that Nebraska was wanting to play the game that Sunday (the next day) and had secured some housing for Akron but they didn't want to do it.

No. That’s wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Didn't they schedule Bethune cookman to replace

They did. I'm not familiar with Bethune Cookman but seeing Nebraska and Akron on the field several times now it's very likely the lightning turned a loss on the schedule into a win for Neb, but I'd need to know more about BC.

Nebraska is most definitely not better than Northwestern right now and we saw Akron @NW.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
They did. I'm not familiar with Bethune Cookman but seeing Nebraska and Akron on the field several times now it's very likely the lightning turned a loss on the schedule into a win for Neb, but I'd need to know more about BC.

Nebraska is most definitely not better than Northwestern right now and we saw Akron @NW.
Yeah I think Akron beats them, Bethune no idea

FDCy83

May 15, 2008
Please tell me Nebraska plays Rutgers.

I looked this up figuring this would be Rutgers best chance at another win, but sadly for the Scarlet Knights, they do not get to play that easy of a schedule. Tons of schools are wishing they had NU for Homecoming. lol

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron