NE Iowa

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I've lived in Waterloo the last few years. Iowa State clothing up here is few and far between. The few places that sell it hardly have any. Same with people wearing it, I see maybe two people on a good week.

But today, I'm pretty sure I seen twice as many people wearing ISU than I did Iowa AND UNI. Thought that was very cool.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
Its the little things.

Iowa State is in a very good spot being close to Des Moines and a lot of "fringe" fans. CPR has the charisma to possibly pick up a lot of tavern Clones.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
Fair weather Clone fans? Nooooo...can't be. Only Tavern Hawks have that distinction. All ISU fans have a degree from ISU. Musta' just been a good day for you. :D

D

Deleted member 8507

Fair weather Clone fans? Nooooo...can't be. Only Tavern Hawks have that distinction. All ISU fans have a degree from ISU. Musta' just been a good day for you. :D

I will take all of the bandwagon fans we can get, especially the ones willing to purchase tickets and merchandise and maybe even DONATE $. Let's close the budget gap with Iowa and then see what ISU athletics can do!

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
I'm talking about regular, employed people who pay taxes.

Not the meth head, welfare types who yell at small children wearing Clone gear :)

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
I'm talking about regular, employed people who pay taxes.

Not the meth head, welfare types who yell at small children wearing Clone gear :)
So I guess "Wellington Heights" in Cedar Rapids is out???

BaryGarta

Sep 4, 2011
So I guess "Wellington Heights" in Cedar Rapids is out???

C'mon now, no need to be an elitist. This state is better off when we root against our instate teams when we play them, and for our instate teams when we don't. Here's to following both ISU and Iowa in great bowl games, and cheering UNI through the playoffs!

bpmcclain

Nov 17, 2010
Ames
C'mon now, no need to be an elitist. This state is better off when we root against our instate teams when we play them, and for our instate teams when we don't. Here's to following both ISU and Iowa in great bowl games, and cheering UNI through the playoffs!

Agreed

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines

It's a misnomer that only Cyclone fans went to ISU. Actually there are two types of Cyclone Fans. Those who went to ISU and those that have hung out with Hawkeye fans.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

Screw UNI.

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Being a Cyclone in the land of EIU can be challenging.
I went to ISU from that area. Win the battles you can, and keep quiet about those you can't.
I'm now in Minnesota. If you think being a Cyclone in NE Iowa is tough... well at least they sell ISU stuff there.

Yes13

Oct 9, 2009
I grew up in NE Iowa. Not that tough and they sell ISU stuff everywhere. Sure you're outnumbered, but who cares.

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
Shields is not a bad place to find Clone gear. BTW, I'd be happy just to be able to hear the Cyclone games on the radio, which is not possible in Dubuque Co.

Go Cyclones! Go Panthers!