NCAA tournament - DesMoines

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I wish Tulsa was just a little bit farther away from Lawrence than it is. Toss up on whether they'd end up in DM or Tulsa. KU fans paid a pretty good penny for my tickets last time.
I don't know who from the surrounding areas would be a #1 though.

Hartford
Salt Lake
Des Moines
Jacksonville
Tulsa
Columbus
Columbia, SC
Seattle

Kentucky, Cincy would go to Columbus. Obviously Ohio State can't
Texas schools to Tulsa
Pac schools, MWC schools to Salt Lake and Seattle
Big East/ACC to Hartford
SEC/ACC schools to Jacksonville and Columbia

I think that leaves KState, Creighton, Kansas, ISU, and some of the Big Ten to Des Moines.

Then again the NCAA could pit Kansas and Wichita on the same side again.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I got 6 tickets in the lower level. I wasn't on the email list, but found someone that was. If you can do that, you can have them set up an account and you can then order the tickets yourself with your credit card. The tickets will be sent to the billing address.

Last time, I had 2 all session tickets for sale and 1 ticket for session 3 for sale. I made a pretty good profit on the 2 all session tickets and sold the 1 ticket for maybe $150 (I think face price was $90 per session then). It sold super fast and got sent to Arizona. Whoever, I sold it to flipped it to someone from Des Moines for what I'm assuming was more than $150.

I feel pretty strongly that Kansas will end up in Des Moines. There seem to be more southern teams (the Big 12 teams and the SEC teams) that will be in the NCAA tournament, so they would likely get Tulsa. Leaving Kansas for Des Moines. I think that Kansas State ended up in Kansas City one time as a 7 seed, so its possible that Iowa State could be in Des Moines as a higher seed than a 4. But who knows? I also think it would be possible that Iowa State and Kansas end up in Des Moines.

It feels pretty stupid to have 2 grand wrapped up in tickets for a year from now. Hopefully, I just didn't lose that money ;)

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Knowing our luck Kansas will be the 2 seed and get Des Moines, Iowa will be a 10 seed and play Kansas in Des Moines and we'll be a 5 and get shipped to Spokane or something

That doesn't matter. With the way the things are set up now, Des Moines could host two 2 seeds and 2 10 seeds.

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
I wish Tulsa was just a little bit farther away from Lawrence than it is. Toss up on whether they'd end up in DM or Tulsa. KU fans paid a pretty good penny for my tickets last time.
Tulsa is 12 miles closer to Lawrence than Des Moines. So, we got that going for us.

MikeinWDM

Feb 12, 2018
That would be the one time I would pay big bucks and wear Kansas gear if they played the hoks. But I don't think we have to worry about that. Maybe they will be in the CBI or NIT (womens)

DreamyCy

Nov 13, 2013
I locked up 8 since it's a win win situation. Either Iowa State makes it or I get to make money off of Jayhawks fans maybe even Iowa fans. Making 2k off Iowa fans two years ago when they were a "lock" for Des Moines was priceless.

josh4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2012
Ames, IA
Highlights from the email for those looking for a link. Each persons email had a custom link.

March Madness is coming to Des Moines, Iowa! As a loyal follower of Wells Fargo Arena, this is your exclusive opportunity to purchase tickets before they go on sale to the public.

YOUR PRESALE STARTS: March 20, 2018 at 10 a.m. CT

YOUR PRESALE ENDS: May 31, 2018 at 10 p.m. CT
(or until all allocated tickets have been purchased, whichever comes first)

PURCHASING INSTRUCTIONS

1. You must use this email address [email protected] when ordering.

· Only the individual who was provided this offer is permitted to order.

Ticket orders that do not comply with the intent of this offer as determined by the NCAA, host or venue may be cancelled

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I locked up 8 since it's a win win situation. Either Iowa State makes it or I get to make money off of Jayhawks fans maybe even Iowa fans. Making 2k off Iowa fans two years ago when they were a "lock" for Des Moines was priceless.
Its funny because you think that 1) Iowa will make the Tourney, and 2) Even if they did, their fans would pay a premium to watch, especially without free pizza.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Its funny because you think that 1) Iowa will make the Tourney, and 2) Even if they did, their fans would pay a premium to watch, especially without free pizza.

He’s remembering two years ago when Iowa was ranked something like #2 for a week. Lots of people unloaded tickets to Iowa fans who were sure they’d be in Des Moines.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Note for those just signing up: you need to have been signed up for at least a couple of weeks BEFORE the email went out today, per the ticket office at Wells Fargo.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
So did drake people already buy their tickets? Last time I bought through Iowa state so I didn’t know that the event center offered early tickets.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
What seed would ISU need to be to get placed in DM? Top 4 seed?
I’m not sure of the exact rules of seeding and placement, but I thought there might be something against a lower seeded team having a homecourt advantage over a higher seeded team in the first 2 rounds.
Anybody know the exact rules?

Impossible to predict without knowing all the top seeds and their location, but generally speaking, Iowa State would be nearly airtight for DM as a 1 seed, excellent shot as a 2 seed, favorable as a 3. Once you drop to 4-seed zone, placement gets a bit trickier.