NCAA Ruling

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019
This will be interesting. Leaving it up to the schools on who gets financial aid/scholarships just creates a more uneven playing field for the Non Power 5 conferences that don't have the budgets. The Transfer portal is going to be crazy! Watch what happens in softball over the next year. There's going to be a a lot of Seniors getting that year back that don't have help from their current school that still want to play.

GrappleCy

Aug 7, 2018
Bummer, I figured the NCAA would reach that conclusion though.

Yeah, it sucks but is what I expected. It is definitely true that wrestling is all about those three days in March so I totally get why the question needed to be asked. But I didn't have my hopes up and I'm not sure why some coaches are talking about appeals for certain wrestlers since on an individual level a wrestler who say, sustained an injury at their conference championship after wrestling all season, would never have a shot at a redshirt. I wish they would have gone the other way with the decision but I get why they didn't.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Yeah, it sucks but is what I expected. It is definitely true that wrestling is all about those three days in March so I totally get why the question needed to be asked. But I didn't have my hopes up and I'm not sure why some coaches are talking about appeals for certain wrestlers since on an individual level a wrestler who say, sustained an injury at their conference championship after wrestling all season, would never have a shot at a redshirt. I wish they would have gone the other way with the decision but I get why they didn't.
The difference is a ton of those injured wrestlers rolled with it at nationals in spite of injuries, and quite a few won titles. Corey Clark, Nolf his last year, Jaggers on a broken ankle. These guys all went regardless. No opportunity to do so sucks.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron