Mother's Day Crafts

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010
Any good Mother's Day craft ideas out there while I have a few days to get things together?

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Any age: handmade card

Toddler: coloring, cut and paste heart, shapes, flowers, hand\footprint kit, decorate frame for a new picture.....

Elementary: family poster, write and illustrate story, origami flowers

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Stiching sampler: running stich, cross stich.....
Simple cross stich
Pot holders
Any help with food
Create coupons for redemption

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I always liked when they got some simple clay pots, painted them, and put a nice flower in them. One year they had a piece of construction paper entitled "Things That Make Mom Mad -- The Don't Do LIst," and each kid wrote something that really ticks me off and some artwork. They put it in a magnetic frame on the fridge. In my defense, I feel like anyone should know that "Lying to Mom" is going to make me mad lol.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Any age: handmade card

Toddler: coloring, cut and paste heart, shapes, flowers, hand\footprint kit, decorate frame for a new picture.....

Elementary: family poster, write and illustrate story, origami flowers
if op was a toddler, how would they post on the site. they dont have motor functions to type.

• Agree
Reactions: Dopey

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Cute videos from kids for her to share on Facebook.

Reactions: cyrevkah

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
From this mother's perspective, my favorites were ALWAYS the handmade cards. They got pretty creative with them as they got older. One son was a pretty good graphic artist who created a cartoon dog named Mutt, and he would draw elaborate cartoon panels for me. I still have a drawing of Mutt on my fridge, and the artist son is now 37. :)

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
20 something and older...... I usually call and chat for awhile. Could create a memory book, flowers, gift card.....

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010
Thanks for the help. We have preschool ers and it seems like sat night rolls around before I know it so trying to get on this early this year.

• Friendly
Reactions: cyrevkah and Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Thanks for the help. We have preschool ers and it seems like sat night rolls around before I know it so trying to get on this early this year.

Obviously not yet - but in the future, Janny our eldest write "Mama" in her handwriting at age 4 or 5, and he sent it to an Etsy store. They made me an awesome bracelet that was in her handwriting, and I love-love-love it.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Obviously not yet - but in the future, Janny our eldest write "Mama" in her handwriting at age 4 or 5, and he sent it to an Etsy store. They made me an awesome bracelet that was in her handwriting, and I love-love-love it.
pssst...proof-reading is your friend... ;)

Reactions: Angie

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
A few years ago I bought a couple good-sized canvases and some paint. I threw down some newspaper to cover the table and gave the kids creative freedom to do whatever they wanted on their canvas. The pictures are still hanging in our bedroom.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
1. Put your hand down on a piece of paper with fingers spread.
2. Trace around it with a pencil.
3. Add a couple of triangles for a beak and a waddle, splash on some color, and Boom! you got yourself a turkey.

Make one for my mom every year.

• Funny
Reactions: Angie

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Call me a bad mom, but I throw so much art away. Don't get me wrong, I have PLENTY from the kids, but after 4 kids I am drowning in special treasures. ;)

That being said, I have a Mother's Day questionnaire on the fridge that my 5yr old did in preschool last year. She said I was 61 years old (just a few years off). The last statement was "I love my mom more than . . ". Her answer was "my daddy". Winning!

Personally I would use/display a hand painted pot with a flower planted in it.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Call me a bad mom, but I throw so much art away. Don't get me wrong, I have PLENTY from the kids, but after 4 kids I am drowning in special treasures. ;)

That being said, I have a Mother's Day questionnaire on the fridge that my 5yr old did in preschool last year. She said I was 61 years old (just a few years off). The last statement was "I love my mom more than . . ". Her answer was "my daddy". Winning!

Yeah, it's funny how when you first have a kid, you keep literally everything they do. Chicken scratches on scratch paper? It's going in the album. When they're older, you're like "Oh this is so good, honey!" as you throw it in the garbage.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

We have a tote now for each kid. The tote I will give them someday when they get their own house. We will put very special items in the tote, but the rest gets thrown away eventually. We just don't have that much space.

I LOVE your "winning" story. It reminded me of this. Our first grader brings home her "Monday mailing" folder every Monday night from first grade. Earlier this spring, she brought home this worksheet, and it is now posted on my wall at work because it is my favorite thing ever (suck it, Janny!):

17191373_10154888170706885_227885587881871255_n.jpg