Morning Rush

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I only catch 7:40 to 7:55 each day so I don’t listen enough for it to bother me.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Then don't listen to it.....ever again.
This is the answer. My frustration over the crappy local programming put out by KxNO has been reduced significantly. This is due to the fact I don't listen any more.:)

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
It's not a good show but I'd rather listen to ISU/iowa sports rather than LeBron on national radio. Omaha sports radio isn't an option.
I agree and never listen to national talk radio. This show is still brutal.

I listen to podcasts and only listen when the Hawks implode.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It’s not that bad. It’s not a show to be taken seriously, as they don’t take it that way. It’s supposed to be “fun”, with a sprinkle of sports talk in there, and they do make me laugh every once in a while. At least they talk, somewhat, about local sports.

They’re not fun. The show is not fun. Travis is not funny.

I only listen when Iowa loses to hear travis’s meltdown.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Why are they talking about anything other than Iowa's Big 10 championship in women's basketball on Sunday and Iowa State playing for the Big 12 championship tonight?

These are big news items. And there are plenty of great story lines. Gustafson goes for 45, contender for national POY. Carlton has shot at leading all-time scorer for ISU. Iowa State recruits Joens from Iowa City.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
So, I'm listening this AM to hear about the Iowa basketball meltdown.

This
Show
Is
Terrible

My brain explodes knowing that this has a loyal listening base.

What other option do you have?

Is it mind-blowing radio? No, but I got to listen to Bill Fennelly on my way to work this morning thanks to local sports talk shows like this.

I heard Jamie Pollard last week.

Relax...or provide me a better option on local radio in the mornings that promotes ISU simply by means of talking about them and keeping them top-of-mind?

But hey....if you enjoy listening again about the Antonio Brown trade.....or how in the world the Warriors lost to the Suns last night....go for it. IMO, average local radio covering teams that actually have some relevance to Iowa is far superior to national radio covering overpaid pro athletes lastest sneeze.

This is why KXNO kills it in the ratings. Yes...maybe more by default, but at least we have that option.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
This is the answer. My frustration over the crappy local programming put out by KxNO has been reduced significantly. This is due to the fact I don't listen any more.:)

This! I used to listen to WMT here in CR during my short commute for local news and what not. October of 2017 when ISU football was on it's winning streak and Iowa had just lost they had a short conversation about the hawk game and couldn't even come up with who ISU had played and would be playing. Fun part about it was I happened to have been doing a Nelson ratings booklet that month and had fun putting my comments in on that one.

They also have made fun of ISU enough and fly a tiger hawk flag outside their station enough that I have given up and have not tuned back to them in months and that was for 30 or so seconds before I got tired of them.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I don't mind listening to them. I only listen to about 20 minutes or so during the 7-8am hour on the way to work so it's not like I have them on long enough to get annoyed by some of the childish stuff Travis talks about. I do find entertainment in the moments they catch Sean off-guard and he says something stupid then tries to backpedal it and make up stuff in his defense that makes him look even dumber. The "ask 5-0 anything" segment once a week can be interesting if someone has a good question or there is something that recently happened he can talk about.

The one thing they lack are quality regular guests that some shows have but you also have to think it's tough to get quality people lined up to do interviews from 6am-8am regularly too. They talk just enough local sports mixed in with pop culture and current events to keep my interest. There really isn't any other local options in their time slot to listen to or compete with and like some here have said I'd rather get what I can with them even as dumb and cheesy as they can be sometimes than to hear non-stop LeBron talk on the national shows.

• Agree
Reactions: CYKID and oldman

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Why are they talking about anything other than Iowa's Big 10 championship in women's basketball on Sunday and Iowa State playing for the Big 12 championship tonight?

These are big news items. And there are plenty of great story lines. Gustafson goes for 45, contender for national POY. Carlton has shot at leading all-time scorer for ISU. Iowa State recruits Joens from Iowa City.

They did... Including a 15 minute interview with Bill Fennelly. He obviously talked a lot about our team and tonight's game but also congratulated the Hawks on their championship and said that Megan Gustafson should probably be player of the year.

• Winner
  • Informative
Reactions: cyhiphopp and Cycsk