Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning (Part I) trailer

Ankency

Oct 22, 2018
Have really enjoyed this franchise, and this looks like another fantastic entry!

But why put a trailer out now when this film is not coming out for another year plus!?!?!?

Going to be a long 14 months!

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
I thought I would feel the same...but I'll be at every installment of these on opening night. As formulaic as these movies are, I really like them

I agree. There's nothing wrong with a nice easy action movie. Especially as a summer popcorn flick. Not everything needs to be part of a 17 phase decade spanning universe that prints money. Nor do they need to be some low budget indie flick that wins a bunch of awards.

I still go back to watching Pacific Rim when it came out. Unrealistic? Sure. Not much of a plot? Yep (although the first 10 minutes are a great backstory). Slightly forced acting and dialogue? Check. Giant ******* robots beating the **** out of giant ******* monsters in a visually stunning backdrop? **** Yeah. I still get excited like a little kid when I see them using a ship as a baseball bat.

Reactions: dahliaclone

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Haven't watched the trailer - is Michelle Monaghan involved? Straight from Winthrop and doing some good work!
Doesn't look like it. They pretty much wrapped up her storyline in the last one.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Haven't watched the trailer - is Michelle Monaghan involved? Straight from Winthrop and doing some good work!
No she's not in these anymore per the way the last one ended. She needs a better agent because she's great in everything she does.

Reactions: Joe4Cy

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Just watched Fallout again. Not because of this trailer coming out, because it was on TV last night, but it started at 10:00 and I didn't want to watch a 2 and half hour movie with commercials making it more than 3. Forgot how good it is.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Just watched Fallout again. Not because of this trailer coming out, because it was on TV last night, but it started at 10:00 and I didn't want to watch a 2 and half hour movie with commercials making it more than 3. Forgot how good it is.
Fallout is great. But I'm a bit surprised that in almost all rankings by media (if you search 'Mission Impossible movies ranked) that Fallout is #1. It's very good...but I think it would be behind Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation for me. I need to watch all of them again (sans #2) and rank em

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Fallout is great. But I'm a bit surprised that in almost all rankings by media (if you search 'Mission Impossible movies ranked) that Fallout is #1. It's very good...but I think it would be behind Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation for me. I need to watch all of them again (sans #2) and rank em
They're all on Paramount+ except 3 so I might do the same.

Reactions: dahliaclone

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I loved her in Gone, Baby, Gone.

on a side tangent, why have we not seen a TV series based on those characters in that Boston world that Denis Lehane created?!
She's great in that and in True Detective as well. I really wish more people saw or knew about the movie Kiss Kiss Bang Bang...she's in it with Robert Downey Jr and Val Kilmer. It's great.

ElephantPie

Aug 17, 2011
Cool to see Kittridge back.

That's funny. When I saw him, I thought, "Wow. They brought in that bad guy from Clear and Present Danger." I didn't remember that he was in the first Mission Impossible too.

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Central Iowa
I try to watch every MI movie in theaters. I think they're good, but I also like to see what new, creative ways Tom Cruise tries to push his limits physically. The stunts he does are incredible.