Missing Montezuma Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
No but local police have an idea of what happened but there's not enough hard evidence to do anything. Lyric's parents were heavy into drugs and it was related to that. Elizabeth was just collateral damage.
I highly doubt anyone killed those kids because their parents knew something or owed somebody money. That's just not how drug dealers operate. It's most likely a child sex offender that knows the family.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Last edited:
Reactions: baagoe

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Are Maki or Vos serving life sentences? Long sentences? Is Vos even in jail? Asking cuz I don't know.
Maki is due to be released on December 4, 2021 and as far as I know Voss isn’t in jail

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I highly doubt anyone killed those kids because their parents knew something or owed somebody money. That's just not how drug dealers operate. It's most likely a child sex offender that knows the family.
Oh man I better tell my friend who is a cop in Waterloo dealing with drug offenses that the whole department over there has been wrong for 9 years.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
Oh man I better tell my friend who is a cop in Waterloo dealing with drug offenses that the whole department over there has been wrong for 9 years.
Hook him up with dedric. Dedric can consult with the department and get things straightened out.:mccaffery::mccaffery::jimlad::jimlad::mccaffery::mccaffery:

Last edited:
  • Agree

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

There was a ton of speculation that because the mom and dad had drug issues that it was likely that the reasoning behind the girls disappearance. But police have never said that, and the profile the FBI released on the likely suspect pretty much refutes it entirely.

• Winner

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
There was a ton of speculation that because the mom and dad had drug issues that it was likely that the reasoning behind the girls disappearance. But police have never said that, and the profile the FBI released on the likely suspect pretty much refutes it entirely.

(Copypasta from the BAU profile)

This profile was created with help from the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit, and concluded that the alleged culprit of Lyric and Elizabeth was:

- A local that blended in with the Evansdale or Black Hawk County community, who acted upon an opportunity to abduct the two girls.

- Someone that was undoubtedly familiar with the Meyers Lake/Angel Park area, as well as Seven Bridges Park - meaning that they are unlikely to have been a transient or a wanderer. Police insist that the location where the bodies were found - Seven Bridges Park - was without a doubt familiar to the killer, as it is still relatively isolated and not well-known outside of those from the region, indicating that the killer is - or was - a local.

- Someone who would use "quiet coercion" to convince the two girls to go with him or her: either a trick or ruse of sorts, or some kind of threat of violence.

- Someone who was likely facing significant stress in their life (legal issues, mental health problems, issues with a spouse, etc.), who decided to lash out at two strangers instead of those close to them.

- Either someone who followed along closely with the investigation - or someone that tried to distance themselves as much as possible.

- Someone that had likely attempted abductions in the past, and had likely expressed interest in underage girls.

- And, finally, they were likely someone that may have attempted to alter their own physical appearance as well as the appearance of their vehicle in the immediate aftermath, which - again - was in July of 2012.

• Winner

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
(Copypasta from the BAU profile)

This profile was created with help from the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit, and concluded that the alleged culprit of Lyric and Elizabeth was:

- A local that blended in with the Evansdale or Black Hawk County community, who acted upon an opportunity to abduct the two girls.

- Someone that was undoubtedly familiar with the Meyers Lake/Angel Park area, as well as Seven Bridges Park - meaning that they are unlikely to have been a transient or a wanderer. Police insist that the location where the bodies were found - Seven Bridges Park - was without a doubt familiar to the killer, as it is still relatively isolated and not well-known outside of those from the region, indicating that the killer is - or was - a local.

- Someone who would use "quiet coercion" to convince the two girls to go with him or her: either a trick or ruse of sorts, or some kind of threat of violence.

- Someone who was likely facing significant stress in their life (legal issues, mental health problems, issues with a spouse, etc.), who decided to lash out at two strangers instead of those close to them.

- Either someone who followed along closely with the investigation - or someone that tried to distance themselves as much as possible.

- Someone that had likely attempted abductions in the past, and had likely expressed interest in underage girls.

- And, finally, they were likely someone that may have attempted to alter their own physical appearance as well as the appearance of their vehicle in the immediate aftermath, which - again - was in July of 2012.
Anybody that watches Criminal Minds could have come up with this profile. No wonder the FBI is stumped.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Do it. Tell him listen to the FBI. Drug dealers don't kill kids. WTF is the point? If they had a problem with the parents they kill the parents.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Thats 100% how cartels operate. This isn’t 1997 anymore in the meth game.

look at this ISD article…it’s almost hilarious to read…

https://www.iowastatedaily.com/drug...cle_56547985-586d-5591-acf5-5c9a4f17da80.html
I lived in rural Missouri for 5 years. I know how the meth game works. I have friends that are cops in NW Missouri(Nodaway County). If you have a problem with a certain person they disappear not their kids. This was so obviously a sexual predator. Like prosecutors and police haven't offered the parents total immunity for information about what they might have been involved in.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Acylum

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
It doesn't even make sense really. If you owe me money or know something I kill you and not your kids. What the **** is that going to do for me? You still owe me money and now can take me down for the murder of your children as well as the other stuff I was involved in. Saying the parents were involved with drugs so that must have been why their kids were murdered is just kind of a lazy ass theory.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It doesn't even make sense really. If you owe me money or know something I kill you and not your kids. What the **** is that going to do for me? You still owe me money and now can take me down for the murder of your children as well as the other stuff I was involved in. Saying the parents were involved with drugs so that must have been why their kids were murdered is just kind of a lazy ass theory.

It wouldnt be about getting that money. It'd be about sending a message to everyone else who might owe money

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
It wouldnt be about getting that money. It'd be about sending a message to everyone else who might owe money
I understand the theory I just think it's highly unlikely. It looks more like they were lured, probably sexually assaulted, and dumped by someone who knows the area. If you wanted them dead to prove a point you're not abducting them and somewhat hiding their bodies. You are killing them where you see them and driving off. It's possible the parents drug use is the reason they might have known the perpetrator. Who knows? I just think it's way more likely it's a sex offender. From my understanding the actual suspects that the police have considered have nothing to do with the parents.

Last edited:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Its more that certain political posts are allowed, but then as soon as someone pushes back at them, then that pushback and the original comment get deleted. Its been a problem on this board and often effectively puts a political tilt on non-cave threads.

I just got online from the weekend and saw this, so just responding now.

...That sentence I just wrote is a large explanation as to why we may not see the initial posts. Mods can't possibly read every single thread, especially ones that seem like they shouldn't be political. Unless someone reports issues, we don't see it. Hit the "report" button instead of "push[ing] back."

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I just got online from the weekend and saw this, so just responding now.

...That sentence I just wrote is a large explanation as to why we may not see the initial posts. Mods can't possibly read every single thread, especially ones that seem like they shouldn't be political. Unless someone reports issues, we don't see it. Hit the "report" button instead of "push[ing] back."

This isn't a problem of those posts not being seen, I assure you.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
This isn't a problem of those posts not being seen, I assure you.

OK. Then reporting them would draw extra light to it, right? Instead of there being a pissing match in the thread?

• Friendly
Reactions: bos
Status
Not open for further replies.