Miami

Bu4ISU

Sep 2, 2012
Seattle
Cannot wait.

We are at an advantage in that we are a super close plane ride. Miami has to go a long ways to get up to Chicago.

Let's go get an elite 8!

I live in miami now and am making the trip .. tix are approaching 500 for non-stop so I dont think many Miami fans living in Miami will make the trip. Not sure about their alumni across the nation however.

Reactions: cyclone1209

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
What a weird turn of events for Charlie Moore of Miami. We recruited him out of high school, he has played for Cal, KU, Depaul and now Miami, gets to play in the Sweet 16 in his home town.

I hope he doesn't get those Tyrese vs LSU vibes going.

Reactions: isutrevman

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I do wonder how we will match up with the quick guards Miami has. I like our chances, but that is one area that could be tough.

Miami only had 7 turnover total over their first two games. If they keep protecting the ball like that, it will be tough. Hopefully our defense confuses them like it has every other non-conference team.

I don’t think we own a “heavy” advantage over Miami. Of course, if we play great we could beat anyone in the country I believe. Miami’s Jimmy L is seasoned coach. Tournament experience, and is VERY good! I’m sure he’ll have a good game plan for us. As far as guys eyeing a potential Kansas Elite Eight match-up, I wouldn’t discredit Ed Cooley’s Providence Fryers. One of the most experienced teams in the country. Best of luck to Iowa State this Friday night!

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
My wife just offered to buy me Sweet 16 tickets for my birthday, but I had to decline. it's my last weekend before my first race so I need the weekend to finish everything up.

She seemed offended that I didn't want the tickets lol

Jdk

Feb 27, 2019
My wife just offered to buy me Sweet 16 tickets for my birthday, but I had to decline. it's my last weekend before my first race so I need the weekend to finish everything up.

She seemed offended that I didn't want the tickets lol
Where is your pit crew when you need them

Reactions: isufbcurt

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
It's usually just my brother and I. And we have a lot of little things to finish before April 2.

CYTUTT

Nov 25, 2012
My mom will be very happy. She hates the woman we had this week.
I wish they used the sportscasters from the halftime show of the women’s game. They we so much better than the commentator we had!

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I do wonder how we will match up with the quick guards Miami has. I like our chances, but that is one area that could be tough.

Miami only had 7 turnover total over their first two games. If they keep protecting the ball like that, it will be tough. Hopefully our defense confuses them like it has every other non-conference team.
that doesn't surprise me because USC and Auburn both have weak spots at the guard positions. ISU has the better perimeter defenders.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I wish they used the sportscasters from the halftime show of the women’s game. They we so much better than the commentator we had!

I disliked the announcers on Friday but I didn’t necessarily remember them. My mom, however, did remember that woman and told my dad there was no way they’d be listening to her. Apparently she always picks a favorite and really goes out of her way to be biased towards that team. So it really wasn’t about Iowa State. But still very annoying.

Reactions: CYTUTT

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Was pondering this....in years past when we have elite offenses that can just outgun teams, we were screwed in the dance when shots didn't fall. This year we're just used to shots not falling and the defense is just so damn good we find a way.
Imagine if we get hot. I mean it's happened maybe four times this year, but imagine

Last edited:

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
What a weird turn of events for Charlie Moore of Miami. We recruited him out of high school, he has played for Cal, KU, Depaul and now Miami, gets to play in the Sweet 16 in his home town.

I hope he doesn't get those Tyrese vs LSU vibes going.
Maybe Conditt will catch fire back home

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Were comfortable being uncomfortable. Other teams are rattled by it

We’ll said.

I just think our dudes are used to having the **** beat out of them, having their freedom of movement be measured in inches instead of feet.

Plus we play ‘Janet Jackson’ nasty defense and other teams hate that ****. Wisconsin looked like they were going to cry last night they were so frustrated, so Miami better get ready to not be able to do whatever they want on the court.

It’s disgustingly ugly but effective against our opponents, so I enjoy seeing out of conference teams feeling the frustration and pain. I’ll take pain for points any day.

My prediction? Cyclones by a torn off limb.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA

Pretty good ball control.

That said, Wisconsin averaged about 8 turnovers/game this year. Their high water mark going into yesterday was 12 against Minnesota. They had 16 turnovers against us.

Reactions: isutrevman

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
We’ll said.

I just think our dudes are used to having the **** beat out of them, having their freedom of movement be measured in inches instead of feet.

Plus we play ‘Janet Jackson’ nasty defense and other teams hate that ****. Wisconsin looked like they were going to cry last night they were so frustrated, so Miami better get ready to not be able to do whatever they want on the court.

It’s disgustingly ugly but effective against our opponents, so I enjoy seeing out of conference teams feeling the frustration and pain. I’ll take pain for points any day.

My prediction? Cyclones by a torn off limb.
An equalizer to that is the big 12 opponent who shot 48 free throws yesterday. We adjusted well vs Wisconsin, but could have seen a similar fate

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Miami plays a 4 guard lineup with a stretch 4 playing their 5 spot. I think we'll see A LOT of Hunter, Grill, Gabe, IB and Jaz in this one. Terrified of Conditt and Jones guarding a stretch 4 playing the 5

Miami plays their starters A TON!!! Each starter plays over 30 minutes a game on average. Our ball pressure could be less effective with multiple ball handlers.

Guard play wins in March. Miami appears to have the better overall guard play. I actually think we may have the edge for once in rebound (on paper). They don't turn it over a ton. BUt the same could have been said for Wisconsin. Having 5 days to prep for our pressure will help

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Miami plays a 4 guard lineup with a stretch 4 playing their 5 spot. I think we'll see A LOT of Hunter, Grill, Gabe, IB and Jaz in this one. Terrified of Conditt and Jones guarding a stretch 4 playing the 5

Miami plays their starters A TON!!! Each starter plays over 30 minutes a game on average. Our ball pressure could be less effective with multiple ball handlers.

Guard play wins in March. Miami appears to have the better overall guard play. I actually think we may have the edge for once in rebound (on paper). They don't turn it over a ton. BUt the same could have been said for Wisconsin. Having 5 days to prep for our pressure will help
What I am curious about is their conference defensive accolades. Is Miami facing our type of defense alot? Although I realize if their guards are good, they're good. I'm still impressed with a team like Houston for example. That team is legit even after losing two starters mid-season. Wonder if Miami is alot like them.