Maui Invitational 2018

PineClone

Jul 16, 2008
Just checking to see if any others here have already started planning for Maui Invitational in 2018. We're planning to go and have reserved a couple condos in Kaanapali. We have Zags fans travelling with us. What we haven't figured out yet is game tickets.

To those who have attended in the past, with only 2400 seats, how hard is it to get tickets? I have a friend who went a couple years ago and was able to scalp tickets or get them at the door. But with this lineup i'm not sure it will be that easy. Arizona, Auburn, Duke, Gonzaga, Illinois, Iowa State, San Diego State and Xavier.

Anyone else planning to go?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Just checking to see if any others here have already started planning for Maui Invitational in 2018. We're planning to go and have reserved a couple condos in Kaanapali. We have Zags fans travelling with us. What we haven't figured out yet is game tickets.

To those who have attended in the past, with only 2400 seats, how hard is it to get tickets? I have a friend who went a couple years ago and was able to scalp tickets or get them at the door. But with this lineup i'm not sure it will be that easy. Arizona, Auburn, Duke, Gonzaga, Illinois, Iowa State, San Diego State and Xavier.

Anyone else planning to go?
I am in the process of booking a condo at the Whaler, in Kaanapali, as well with a few people.

I have a friend who goes to Hawaii every Thanksgiving because his family has a time share there. He says they get their tickets the day of. But he also indicated they aren't picky with their games, and there are some that are more packed than others. I would try to get them in advance if you could, but not sure the best method on getting them.

Last edited:

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
@ChrisMWilliams you have a travel agent sponsoring a podcast (her name escapes me right now, apologies)

They should put together a Maui package for fans. Wife and I are starting to plan but there's a lot to research. If someone could package flights, hotels and game tickets that would be something we'd be very interested in.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Check vacation rentals by owner. My mom was able to get a 3-bedroom house that also had 1-bedroom guest house in Maui that backed up to the ocean and we were there the week before the Maui Invitation last year. We had 7 adults and 2 kids and I wouldn't have done it any other way. We were able to buy our own groceries and cook our own meals most of the time - we would have gone broke if we had to rely on eating at restaurants everyday. It's probably going to look expensive at first, but if you can find enough adults to split it between it shouldn't be that bad for that experience. My 5 year tells me once a week that she wants to go back to Hawaii.