Matt Thomas (2013 PG/SG) offered

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
Thomas said he’d been in contact with Otzelberger, but that he didn’t think an offer was headed his way so quickly.

“It was kind of out of the blue for me,â€￾ said Thomas, who averaged 16.4 points per game and shot 41.4 percent from the 3-point line during Onalaska’s 23-3 season. “He texted me and told me to call him, and that’s when I got the offer.â€￾

Iowa State jumps into chase for Onalaska's Matt Thomas

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Sounds like a pure shooter along the lines of Christopherson. Have to trust our coaching staff re: spotting talent at an early stage.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Not sure how I feel about a white guy from Wisconsin. That comes close to being a white guy from Iowa. However, We all know that white guys from Wisconsin are better. And yes I am joking.

Rickybaby

Apr 15, 2006
Just a theory here: TJ is obviously good at spotting talent and he knows Wisc ... so. He wants to get in on this guy early and he gets to watch Scotty next year. He see's Scotty play alot and do well and watches ISU have the best season in a long, long time. Result: he chooses the good guys. The key is offering him before Scotty leaves. If he wanted until next year after Scotty is gone; wouldn't have quite the impact. Just a thought.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Just a theory here: TJ is obviously good at spotting talent and he knows Wisc ... so. He wants to get in on this guy early and he gets to watch Scotty next year. He see's Scotty play alot and do well and watches ISU have the best season in a long, long time. Result: he chooses the good guys. The key is offering him before Scotty leaves. If he wanted until next year after Scotty is gone; wouldn't have quite the impact. Just a thought.

that's a good point. white players only want to see how other white shooters do. the black shooters on our team next year probably wouldn't impress him.:confused:

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
that's a good point. white players only want to see how other white shooters do. the black shooters on our team next year probably wouldn't impress him.:confused:

I think the point being made was that they both went to the same high school vs. Scotty's race.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
White guys from Wisconsin will only come to play for us if there someone on the team that is white, from the same wisconsin town, and is a good shooter. It's common knowledge.

All kidding aside, it looks like some big ten teams are now starting to go after this kid so this is good that we are getting in on him early.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
This thread works well with the Favorite John Candy movie.
Stripes
I got my *** kicked in Wisconsin one time.
and
He said black guys help the white guys

Last edited:

Oldgeezer

Mar 18, 2006
Waukon, Iowa
Two of the three losses at Onalaska came from Aquinis in LaCrosse, which is where Scotty went to HS. The player is Bronson Koenig at Aquinis also a soph SG/PG. He has more and better offers than Thomas, including one from ISU? Also Wisc, Marquette, and North Carolina are interested. Either player could level off or continue to improve. After all, they are only 16 yrs olod.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

th_facepalm.gif

liquorlyles

Jun 22, 2008
according to @WisBBYearbook, ISU has offered Matt Thomas of Onalaska (WI).

Onalaska is just north of La Crosse, (where Scottie is from) on the Mississippi.

supposedly regarded as a top 2013 player in Wisconsin.

Twitter

Griz Recruit: Matt Thomas « Mslacat’s Blog

Hilltoppers roll past Rangers

Looks like his AAU team will be in Milwaukee this weekend for the NY2LA tourney; and also has a chance to play the team I will be there watching. If I get a chance to see him play, I will post a review....

CyNation23

Mar 16, 2011
G-Town
:realmad:They also need to jump on a 2012 recruit for Basketball or Football Named Jace Engstler hes from my school and he has broke a lot of records:yes:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron