Marvel Cinematic Universe

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

For those who have seen it.. Venom: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

cyclone1975

Feb 4, 2007
Ankeny
IMO, that is one of the best episodes of any of the Marvel shows we've seen to this point.

There are some actors who I think I would be enthralled by watching them read the list of ingredients from a box of Cheerios, and Oscar Issac is one of those actors. His performance in what is a very difficult dual role is nothing short of amazing, and he single-handedly is making "Moon Knight" one of my favorite MCU TV shows so far. I know Disney + shows don't get a whole lot of love during Emmy nomination time, but I really, really hope he gets nominated for Best Actor. He has been that good in this show.

I get, appreciate, and understand that this curveball they're throwing at us isn't for everyone. But personally I love it.
100% agree. I am normally not into these types of way out there shows, but his ability to play all these roles in such different contexts is so good I just keep watching. He is an amazing actor.

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Don't get me wrong, I believe this Moon Knight series is incredibly well-made and well-acted. However, my greatest fear for this series is coming true, which is any movie or TV series doing all this different stuff where it is trippy and all in somebody's head. I just don't care and personally HATE all those movies, TV shows or TV episodes in general. Its not my cup of tea. It seems like TV series do it a lot with one episode and that episode immediately becomes pretty much my most hated episode. Its also why I really did not like Legion, and Moon Knight is creeping darn close to Legion territory. It doesn't help when I come to watch a Moon Knight series and when was the last time we actually saw Moon Knight in action?? Like 3 episodes ago, and this is only a 6 episode series??? No thanks. I appreciate them trying something new, but this new direction is just not for me.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Don't get me wrong, I believe this Moon Knight series is incredibly well-made and well-acted. However, my greatest fear for this series is coming true, which is any movie or TV series doing all this different stuff where it is trippy and all in somebody's head. I just don't care and personally HATE all those movies, TV shows or TV episodes in general. Its not my cup of tea. It seems like TV series do it a lot with one episode and that episode immediately becomes pretty much my most hated episode. Its also why I really did not like Legion, and Moon Knight is creeping darn close to Legion territory. It doesn't help when I come to watch a Moon Knight series and when was the last time we actually saw Moon Knight in action?? Like 3 episodes ago, and this is only a 6 episode series??? No thanks. I appreciate them trying something new, but this new direction is just not for me.
I agree a little bit. Seems like they have kinda drug this whole part out for too long. It's been an entire episode plus some in a 6 episode series. Seems like they have a lot to wrap up in the final episode. Hope it lands! Oscar Isaac has been phenomenal

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I agree a little bit. Seems like they have kinda drug this whole part out for too long. It's been an entire episode plus some in a 6 episode series. Seems like they have a lot to wrap up in the final episode. Hope it lands! Oscar Isaac has been phenomenal

We've pretty much seen Moon Knight in only 2 of 5 episodes so far...... smh

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I agree, it’s hard to think how they’ll be able to wrap this up considering they haven’t resolved this weird asylum afterlife plot. I’m thinking we get a cliffhanger or we get a super rushed final episode.

I hope the final episode is longer than an hour vs being rushed, which I also fear. They still need to resolve him leaving the asylum/afterlife, freeing Konshu, defeating Harrow/Ammet, reuniting with his wife, and releasing his third personality, which has been strongly hinted. That’s a lot of ground for an hour.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
I like the direction they're going with it, it just felt all over the place last night. It felt like they were trying to do an episode like Inception, but cram it all into an hour and not explain any of it.

There's always one of these episodes in every series where it's mostly exposition and doesn't really move the story along much. It just sucks that it came before the final episode. It doesn't feel like it's really building to anything.

Overall though, I've really liked this series. It's something different from some of the cookie cutter feeling characters.

Reactions: Triggermv

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I enjoyed the episode and the series as a whole so far. There's more than enough punchy-punchy superhero stuff out there, that I'm glad they went in a little different direction. My hope is it *doesn't* devolve into a big CGI punch fest at the end. I mean, if you want a dude with mental issues that dresses up in a cape and beats up bad guys, there was 3 hour movie released not that long ago to watch.

Honestly, they said that they were drawing heavy inspiration for this from Jeff Lemire's run where it literally opens with him in a mental hospital. While I'd prefer to stay a little farther away from Legion-like territory, keeping us guessing as to what is and isn't real has been fun.

• Agree
Reactions: Hoggins and Saul_T

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
I've been enjoying the show immensely, just wish some scenes were a bit brighter. You all have a good point that ep 6 has a lot to deliver:
  • Marc escape the underworld
  • Free Khonshu
  • Fight Ammit
  • (Save Steve)
  • (Save Layla)
  • (Makeup with Layla)
  • (Reveal 3rd Personality)
  • (Something with Taweret)
  • (Egyptian god traitors)

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Moon Knight ep 5, what the **** was that?

I mean, I like their introspection into mental health and such, and I think that's an interesting topic. But that's not at all how I expected this series to go. With a six episode series, spending 1-1/2 of those in a completely different genre and feeling is a bold move.

I guess we'll see how they end it next week.

I dunno, but I thought Michael Mando's performance in Better Call Saul this week was a lock for an Emmy, right up until I saw what Oscar Isaac was able to do with those two distinct characters playing off each other in one scene for a full hour last night.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I've been enjoying the show immensely, just wish some scenes were a bit brighter. You all have a good point that ep 6 has a lot to deliver:
  • Marc escape the underworld
  • Free Khonshu
  • Fight Ammit
  • (Save Steve)
  • (Save Layla)
  • (Makeup with Layla)
  • (Reveal 3rd Personality)
  • (Something with Taweret)
  • (Egyptian god traitors)

Again to my earlier point, these shows try to do too much in 6 episodes.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I hope the final episode is longer than an hour vs being rushed, which I also fear. They still need to resolve him leaving the asylum/afterlife, freeing Konshu, defeating Harrow/Ammet, reuniting with his wife, and releasing his third personality, which has been strongly hinted. That’s a lot of ground for an hour.

Hate to break it to you, but it is looking like a 44-45 minute finale according to a fairly trusted source

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Personally, I'd rather see an Amazing Spider-Man 3 over a Spider-Man 4, but I'm not sure of the chances of that with Andrew Garfield recently announcing an upcoming acting hiatus.
They all 3 proved their greatness in No Way but Holland is off the charts good.

I'm way hesitant about a symbiote story however.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
They all 3 proved their greatness in No Way but Holland is off the charts good.

I'm way hesitant about a symbiote story however.

I know it is the unpopular opinion too, but I'm with you in hesitancy in another symbiote story with Tom Holland this time. We have already seen it happen in Spider-Man 3 and there is too many other directions I'd rather see Tom Holland's Spider-Man go than another symbiote story. Lets just leave the symbiote to Eddie Brock and let him do his thing with it. Shoot, every villain he keeps fighting is a another symbiote on top of himself anyway, so we already have symbiote galore.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I know it is the unpopular opinion too, but I'm with you in hesitancy in another symbiote story with Tom Holland this time. We have already seen it happen in Spider-Man 3 and there is too many other directions I'd rather see Tom Holland's Spider-Man go than another symbiote story. Lets just leave the symbiote to Eddie Brock and let him do his thing with it. Shoot, every villain he keeps fighting is a another symbiote on top of himself anyway, so we already have symbiote galore.
"No Way Home" was sort of winking at how ridiculous the old villains were.

Alien space goo and MIT Spidey, I just don't know.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I dunno, but I thought Michael Mando's performance in Better Call Saul this week was a lock for an Emmy, right up until I saw what Oscar Isaac was able to do with those two distinct characters playing off each other in one scene for a full hour last night.

If nominated, Oscar Isaac would be in the lead performance category while Michael Mando would be in the supporting performance category. Theoretically, both could win.

Reactions: Die4Cy