Marial Shayok Commits to ISU

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
It coincides with Adidas money drying up
It really doesn't. Top 10 Grimes just didn't pan out and fellow McD's AA's Dotson and McCormack returned to school. KU has finished strong with a nice recruiting class for next season and will be a top 5 team next year. I'd rather KU stick to drafting guys ranked from 20-100 that will play 2+ seasons than Top 20 guys who expect to leave after 1 year. Maybe the Adidas situation forces that to happen and KU is better off for it. I honestly don't think Self does as well with OAD players as he does with multiyear guys.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Sure, why wouldn't I be? Frankly, I'd be more bummed if KU stunk as bad as they did last season and still had 2 guys get drafted. The fact that this was the worst KU team in 10+ years coincides exactly with the fact that it had no players drafted for the first time in 10+ years. That's how it normally works.

Dotson might have been taken in the 2nd round but mercifully he came back to KU for next. Hopefully he improves nicely over the next season, leads KU to a Final Four and grabs a spot in the late 1st round next season.
That is less than graceful way to admit you were wrong.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Lawson signed on to play for Golden State's summer league team. But honestly, he doesn't strike me as an NBA talent. Maybe, who knows. There's plenty of guys at the end of NBA benches who didn't look like NBA talent.
You should probably skip predicting players futures. You really suck at it.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
You should probably skip predicting players futures. You really suck at it.
Whose future did I predict, let alone incorrectly? I asked a bunch of questions about why someone would assume that Shayok would light it up, that's it. There wasn't any good reason to assume he would. I never stated that I predicted that he wouldn't; I was just looking for sound reasoning as to why someone thought he would. I like to get information and if someone had some to base it off of, I was interested in reading it. People just assume that because I also happen to be a Kansas fan that I was making some sort of negative comment about him.

I am by nature a "I'll believe it when I see it" person and at that point,l I simply hadn't seen any reason to predict that Shayok would be some great scorer. That's way different than predicting that he would suck. Don't project your critical reading failure on me.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Whose future did I predict, let alone incorrectly? I asked a bunch of questions about why someone would assume that Shayok would light it up, that's it. There wasn't any good reason to assume he would. I never stated that I predicted that he wouldn't; I was just looking for sound reasoning as to why someone thought he would. I like to get information and if someone had some to base it off of, I was interested in reading it. People just assume that because I also happen to be a Kansas fan that I was making some sort of negative comment about him.

I am by nature a "I'll believe it when I see it" person and at that point,l I simply hadn't seen any reason to predict that Shayok would be some great scorer. That's way different than predicting that he would suck. Don't project your critical reading failure on me.
Still failing.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Sure, why wouldn't I be? Frankly, I'd be more bummed if KU stunk as bad as they did last season and still had 2 guys get drafted. The fact that this was the worst KU team in 10+ years coincides exactly with the fact that it had no players drafted for the first time in 10+ years. That's how it normally works.

Dotson might have been taken in the 2nd round but mercifully he came back to KU for next. Hopefully he improves nicely over the next season, leads KU to a Final Four and grabs a spot in the late 1st round next season.

Last year at this time you said it was the deepest and most talented Bill Self team of all time and now you go back and say it was the worst Bill Self team. Lol can't make this stuff up

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Still failing.
Last year at this time you said it was the deepest and most talented Bill Self team of all time and now you go back and say it was the worst Bill Self team. Lol can't make this stuff up
wrong. That is exactly what he does.makes it up.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron