Lard Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
If Lard weren’t a foul machine, he’d have played a lot more. His fault? Refs don’t like him? I don’t know, but how do you start a guy that would have two fouls before the first tv timeout? You can’t run a team like that.

I’m a Lard fan, but I thought it was obvious why he wasn’t starting, he couldn’t keep himself on the floor.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
He was better that game, was he the better player in KC when he missed wide open dunks multiple times a game?

He's the better player period, anybody with any basketball IQ knows this. How many people had Jacobson starting over him a year ago when we were talking lineups for 2018-19?

This is how Prohm rolls and thats fine, but expect stuff like this and chemistry issues that were evident down the stretch to plague this team. You arent a model citizen like Lard or TAlley, or you mess up your foot like Lindell, you get put on the bench and have to work like crazy to get back into the rotation, do extremely selfish and stupid stuff on the court, doesnt matter, youll still play up until the point he has to pull you (THT in the Ohio St game).

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
As long as Conditt doesn't leave, I'm not real worried. Lard was great at times but you can't rely on someone who averages a foul every 45 seconds. Also, Lard seemed like he wasn't even happy to be playing. Although you could say the same thing about Tucker.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Grad transfer will come into play
giphy.gif

KCyclone2010

May 19, 2017
Bummed but not shocked. Hopefully a fresh start is what he needs. Be a shame to waste all the potential he has. On that note, I have full confidence in our 3 current big guys, especially with one more year in the weight room for Conditt.

Reactions: bozclone

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Gunna get killed but if I was solo I would bounce too.. condit might be ok with Jacobson starting him coming off the bench playing better than Jacobson then Jacobson starting the second half and then you having to save the day.. but that would only be one year for him unless prohm gets another transfer not as good as him that he decides to start ahead of him becuase.... leadership? LOL

Agree, Solo is probably thinking about how many minutes he will get next year considering there is only one big guy spot in the rotation.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
If Lard gets his head on straight he’ll be great for someone. Sucks it couldn’t work out here. Next man up.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
As long as Conditt doesn't leave, I'm not real worried. Lard was great at times but you can't rely on someone who averages a foul every 45 seconds. Also, Lard seemed like he wasn't even happy to be playing. Although you could say the same thing about Tucker.
I would not be worried

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Sometimes you gotta just move on and start new.

Best of luck to that mother40@73&.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Unless he was going crazy behind the scenes, I thought his punishment was a bit overboard. The whole summer and part of the season for a punishment because he was in a bar and got a speeding ticket?

Contract extension didn't have anything to do with it. They meet with players when the season and is done and discuss how things will be going forward. I think it is best for both parties that he transfers. Think he can start somewhere else and get a fresh start where he won't get punished for whatever he did in the past and his time can go to Conditt who will get better with more playing time.

Agreed, I think this is what is best for both parties. I think the way this was all handled thought was completely wrong. That being said, I would rather him off the team than come back next year and play 10 minutes a game and getting called for fouls just for breathing on people. I guess I was hoping we could get the good Cam back next year where he is playing 30 minutes a game and putting up double-doubles every night. With this roster next year though that was wishful thinking though, I think Conditt needs to play.

• Disagree
Reactions: flycy

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
At least he went out on a positive note by playing well off the bench against tOSU. No hard feelings. Good luck to him on and off the court. He has all the physical tools to be a really good player. It's a shame it just won't be at ISU.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Good lord, there are already 350 guys who have declared that they're transferring. There should be some options out there for CSP and staff. The challenge is often having to wait for the NBA decision; at least in Cam's case, we know already that we have a spot to fill.

Brady "Call me 4-school, not 4-star" Ernst is on there as a grad transfer. Poor guy - he should've just gone to UNI.

• Funny
Reactions: chadly82

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Yeah, I don't think that is how it happened. Prohm didn't just say, "thanks but no thanks" and kicked him off. They had a discussion, I am sure Lard wanted more of a role moving forward and the way the future was shaping it did not seem to be so certain. Prohm put 3 years of his life into bettering Cam, if you think he just gave up on him then I don't know what to tell you.

Guy averaged almost a double-double as a freshman playing in one of the best conferences in the country and there wasn't a role moving forward for him on a 9-9 team? Damn, thats some lofty expectations of a player.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
He's the better player period, anybody with any basketball IQ knows this. How many people had Jacobson starting over him a year ago when we were talking lineups for 2018-19?

Right. Because that's how we evaluate players and their ability. What fans thought over a year ago....

Cmon man, you ain't even trying anymore jeremy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron