NFL: Kansas City Chiefs Thread

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
What that article leaves out is that both Hardman and Jones walked to the cart on their own power and rode in the front seat. It's not like they were carried out on a stretched or anything.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
What that article leaves out is that both Hardman and Jones walked to the cart on their own power and rode in the front seat. It's not like they were carried out on a stretched or anything.
Definitely doesn’t sound terrible given those facts.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Definitely doesn’t sound terrible given those facts.
Reports are a sore back for Jones and groin injury for Hardman. On the KC radio station they said Andy Reid said Hardman is getting an MRI but they don't think the injury is too serious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Halincandenza

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Looks like he hit a 65-yarder in practice a couple of weeks ago

Edit: oops forgot the link

Yeah saw that too. Makes you wonder if his defensive skills eventually deteriorate later in his career that he could possibly extend it by trying to be a kicker. I dunno, kicking in the NFL can be a job hazard as many guys have been cut over the years for missing kicks in tight spots so the margin of error is slim at the position.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Reid made 7-9 from XP distance in practice the other day, with one of the misses hitting the upright. Butker left early with some ankle soreness so Reid took the reps. Safety Juan Thornhill was actually his holder instead of the the Punter. And today, Travis Kelce and one of the backup RBs took over long snapping duties as the normal guy was not at practice.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE

Am too young to have seen him play but watched a lot of Inside the NFL with him on HBO and listened to a LOT of radio broadcasts from the 90s to when he retired. (Len and Kevin Harlan were awesome in the early 90s)
He reminded me a lot of Pete and Eric in that he was obviously a homer but was not afraid to be down on the team when things were bad. And boy did he hate the Raiders.

Reactions: Halincandenza

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Saw Blake Bell is going to be out for awhile. Wonder if they pick up a blocking TE to fill the void for now or they just stick with Fortson and Grey?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I think McDuffie and Karlaftis could be impactful rookies based on how they played in the preseason. Those are 2 positions they need the most improvement from on the defense. ESPN seems to think that Josh Gordon and Ronald Jones face long odds to make the team. Gordon I can see as they did bring in a lot of WR to the mix but Jones surprises me a bit given they RB situation. The rookie Pacheco got a lot of PT in the preseason and likely pushed him out of the mix I guess.

Will be surprised if Rose makes the 53 man but I can see them trying to stash him on the practice squad. They just have too much depth at LB now and ESPN seems to think if they keep a 6th LB it will be Jermaine Carter not Rose

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I think McDuffie and Karlaftis could be impactful rookies based on how they played in the preseason. Those are 2 positions they need the most improvement from on the defense. ESPN seems to think that Josh Gordon and Ronald Jones face long odds to make the team. Gordon I can see as they did bring in a lot of WR to the mix but Jones surprises me a bit given they RB situation. The rookie Pacheco got a lot of PT in the preseason and likely pushed him out of the mix I guess.

Will be surprised if Rose makes the 53 man but I can see them trying to stash him on the practice squad. They just have too much depth at LB now and ESPN seems to think if they keep a 6th LB it will be Jermaine Carter not Rose
Looks like Mike Rose was cut today. Yes, hope he makes the practice squad or maybe gets picked up by another team. Go Mike!

Reactions: CyNews

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron