NFL: Kansas City Chiefs Thread

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I am going to officially blame this on Eric Church. :jimlad:

That jack wagon picked against ISU on Game Day right in our faces and our stupid punt fumble cost us the game.

Piece of crap was back tonight on pre-game and cost my Chiefs. This POS can go away forever. :jimlad:

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Tough to win when Mahomes is constantly running for his life. The offensive line was just that, offensive. I know they are missing a lot up there but damn, what a drop off behind the starters. You could tell Mahomes was just frustrated when they zoomed in on him a couple times after scrambling and was left on the turf. Seemed like only him and Kelce showed up to play today.

Chiefs will be just fine though, as long as they get those lineman back healthy. Defense needs some tweaking for sure though.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Tough to win when Mahomes is constantly running for his life. The offensive line was just that, offensive. I know they are missing a lot up there but damn, what a drop off behind the starters. You could tell Mahomes was just frustrated when they zoomed in on him a couple times after scrambling and was left on the turf. Seemed like only him and Kelce showed up to play today.

Chiefs will be just fine though, as long as they get those lineman back healthy. Defense needs some tweaking for sure though.
Don't count on it. Fisher and his Achilles will take a while. Schwartz and his back are apparently a mess. Osemele tore stuff in both knees.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Fisher will probably be back but he is 30 so who knows how the achilles will affect him. I could see Osemele retiring after both knees going out. They have a speeding LB in Willie Gay Jr but he was on IR after the last Reg season game.
I don't know what the draft looks like for OL but they need to hit that hard and do the same in free agency, obviously. And get a good blocking TE.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Fisher will probably be back but he is 30 so who knows how the achilles will affect him. I could see Osemele retiring after both knees going out. They have a speeding LB in Willie Gay Jr but he was on IR after the last Reg season game.
I don't know what the draft looks like for OL but they need to hit that hard and do the same in free agency, obviously. And get a good blocking TE.

The opt outs by Duvernay-Tardif and Niang really impacted this team as well. Will the Dr. return and is Niang worthy of his draft position are big questions? Whatever the answer, this organization must do everything it can to protect Patrick.

• Agree
Reactions: cydsho

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
I mean. Mahomes won one Super Bowl. And people talk like he’s gonna be the greatest. You know who else won one Super Bowl? Trent Dilfer.

Wow. The dude is 25 years old. One off game with back up lineman and this is your take? Foolish.

Who is going to beat KC in the AFC? Who? The stats that this guy has put up in his YOUNG career is mind-blowing.

He's going to have a ton of shots at titles. Keep hating.

Reactions: Neptune78

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
I mean. Mahomes won one Super Bowl. And people talk like he’s gonna be the greatest. You know who else won one Super Bowl? Trent Dilfer.
tenor.gif

Reactions: WalkingCY

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Injuries on the OL just too much for KC to overcome in this game along with all the mistakes by D and special teams in the first half and bad calls. If the D hadn't gotten screwed in the first half it would have been a close game in the 4th but they will learn from this. They need to get the OL healthy and shore it up and get some help in the defensive front with some edge rushers. But they should be by far the favorite again.

Reactions: Neptune78

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Don't count on it. Fisher and his Achilles will take a while. Schwartz and his back are apparently a mess. Osemele tore stuff in both knees.

Fisher will be out, they may cut him but Schwartz will be back and Osemele was just a one year rental to replace Duvernay-Tardiff, so he wasn't part of their future.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

We also need to find one fast DE that can put pressure on the QB, we are fine in the middle, but man I would love to have a Dee Ford type of presents coming off the edge.

Offensive lineman and one D End is what we should be looking for in the draft and FA, just watch, we will take another speedy WR as our top pick and then try to piece the O line together with ducktape next season.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa

You have said it all brother.....A sixty minute football game with NO Touchdowns is rather embarrassing, I don't care who the quarterback is....It will be interesting next year to see if the Offensive Line gets any better than this year.....

• Dumb
Reactions: Macloney