Kane vs. Smart

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Hey you guys remember when my dumb *** said that Kane would probably be an alright player but nothing that special. I'm right here and I was wrong.

Reactions: VeloClone

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I'm glad the national media is finally picking up on how comparable Kane has been to Smart. In fact several weeks ago I started a thread almost identical to the blind comparison in that article.

Kane should be getting more press for the Wooden award and B12 POTY.

I was actually assuming wrong before I opened the thread -didn't we just have a Kane vs Smart thread not too long ago?!? Ohh...an article.

I'm glad I bought single tickets immediately for this game. CAN NOT wait.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I think Kane will make the league as a back-up point guard.

I also think whoever takes Smart in the lottery is going to be burned beyond recognition.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
If I could take just one of the two guys on my team for only the rest of the year, I'd still go with Smart even with looking at those stats. However, that shouldn't be interpreted as a slight to Kane at all. Kane is still a stud and I'm super glad to have him. I do like how those stats show how underappreciated Kane is and I totally agree with them. Plus, I've always been jealous of those other teams that get college dudes that look like they are 30. I'm talking the Greg Oden types. Now, I'm happy to say we've got one of them. Kane looks like a man amongst boys out there. And yes, I know he is 24 and older than everyone else, but he still looks way older than 24.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Big 12 Men’s Basketball Power Rankings – Week 9

1. Iowa State Cyclones – Impressive 12-0 start; firmly the team to beat at this stage of the season.
  2. Oklahoma State Cowboys – The Cowboys are right on the Cyclones’ heels and primed to ascend to the top spot if Iowa State stumbles.
  3. Baylor Bears – Baylor has two wins over ranked teams (Kentucky and Colorado). Their only loss was to No. 2 Syracuse.
  4. Kansas Jayhawks- Very young, but exceptionally talented. This bunch is going to get better as the season progresses. Look out in February and March.
  5. Oklahoma Sooners – The Sooners were tripped up in their final nonconference game, but this team is playing much better than the experts first thought.
  6. Texas Longhorns – Off to an 11-2 start to the season, the Longhorns have been playing much better in their last few games.
  7. Kansas State Wildcats – The Wildcats started the season 2-3 but have won eight straight to build theur record to 10-3 with one-loss Oklahoma State coming to Manhattan on Saturday.
  8. TCU Horned Frogs – TCU is 9-3 heading into Big 12 play. The Horned Frogs only won 11 games all of last season.
  9. Texas Tech Red Raiders – Tubby Smith’s bunch faces their toughest test of the season with league-leading Iowa State coming to town on Saturday.
  10. West Virginia Mountaineers – Based on the early going, it appears it is going to be another long season for head coach Bob Huggins.
Big 12 Hoops Week 9 Power Rankings: Iowa State Leads Pack Into New Year - Talking 12 - A Big 12 Sports Site

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I think Kane will make the league as a back-up point guard.

I also think whoever takes Smart in the lottery is going to be burned beyond recognition.

It's possible, but his age will count against him.

Spam

May 21, 2008
We have the best player in the country, and we're the best team in the best conference!