K-State will not be bowling ...

Bluffers

Sep 16, 2009
Ames
11 transfers. Interesting. This may not be what it sounds like. It may the new coach getting fed up with the old system and cleaning house and establishing a new culture.
If the transfers are the young players he just recruited, yikes.

• Informative
Reactions: cyputz

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Highly recruited, but I'm not sure if he's a stud or not. He was really unimpressive at WDM Valley while he was there.

Per 247, KSU signed 14 recruits today, the top one was 4 star QB from WDM Valley. So, how are they getting to 85 scholarships with 11 in the transfer portal? Not likely, one would think.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
If their QB didn’t get hurt, they would have won several more games.

They are pretty much in the same position ISU would be if Purdy got hurt. IE; throwing a freshman out there to try and navigate Big 12 defenses. The upside that ISU has is that they are not seeing all these transfers out. I still believe that they have a good coach and that he is a great fit if they want to carry on in the direction on Snyder. Getting the feeling he is nowhere near as popular with the players as CMC.

• Agree

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I think you'll see a lot of sub .500 teams hang it up at the end of the season. Between injuries, covid, and just tired of the season. Shut it down and restart in spring. Other than the money I never have understood the appeal of a sub .500 team going to a bowl.

Reactions: surly

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
11 transfers. Interesting. This may not be what it sounds like. It may the new coach getting fed up with the old system and cleaning house and establishing a new culture.
If the transfers are the young players he just recruited, yikes.

If Klieman is feed up with the old system, which belongs to the Purple Grampa (and has his name on the stadium), his days are numbered.

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
A little apples to oranges here, but I love it when teams like LSU self impose a bowl ban in a year where they have a losing record and when Covid is raging. Why does the NCAA let teams self impose penalties? That would be like letting your children pick their own punishments. I don't get it.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I think you'll see a lot of sub .500 teams hang it up at the end of the season. Between injuries, covid, and just tired of the season. Shut it down and restart in spring. Other than the money I never have understood the appeal of a sub .500 team going to a bowl.

The extra practices are easily the biggest benefit to the programs out side of the money. You are allowed 15 of them, that's the same amount as spring camp. It can be program changing.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
The extra practices are easily the biggest benefit to the programs out side of the money. You are allowed 15 of them, that's the same amount as spring camp. It can be program changing.

Apparently players are just exhausted so I'm not sure how helpful the practices will be. Also not sure if teams can even get 15 practices in this year. Iowa State surely won't.

Several teams have already opted out....Virginia, Pitt, and BC seem to be the 3 that would have otherwise been eligible.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

This makes sense outside of getting seniors one last game although they also have the option of coming back.

But all the things you have to do just to even practice let alone play a game has to feel daunting at this point.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
A little apples to oranges here, but I love it when teams like LSU self impose a bowl ban in a year where they have a losing record and when Covid is raging. Why does the NCAA let teams self impose penalties? That would be like letting your children pick their own punishments. I don't get it.

I'm not against self-imposed penalties if it's part of compliance mandate, but as you say, LSU waiting to do it until a bowl bid is off the table is BS. It shouldn't count unless it's done prior to a season. You can't just pick & choose when it's convenient.

Related to that, this quote from Oregeron makes me giggle:

"I respect the university's decision to proactively address NCAA issues from the past."

How the **** do you proactively address something that already happened?

• Wow

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron