JTS Student Entrance

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Might as well get everything out there so we cover our bases. (Band thread, anyone?)

Anyways, they should probably add more security at the gate where the students enter because right when they have opened the gates for both of the first 2 games, it turns into a giant mob of people pushing and making there way into the game. No cards or tickets are swiped, and pretty much anyone could just walk right in without a ticket. Also saw some guy on crutches almost get trampled because there was no way he could keep up with the mob.

Very similar to the KU basketball game last year.

Reactions: Gobbles

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
The student entrance system here is absolutely horrible and will eventually result in a serious injury. I am amazed that the AD hasn't improved the process yet.

I like the system used at some other universities where students are issued a ticket with a seat number on it as they pass through the gate, so there's no run down to the seats. This also prevents those groups of 10 that have 2 people sprawled across a bench saving seats for 30 minutes and forcing those who were actually waiting in line to sit further back.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
In general there is a lot of poor crowd management all around the game.

Parking was a mess too. Letting some into the donor lots early to set up tents(apparently its ok as long as you set up the night before now, but otherwise you cant even go in the lot?), but not letting others in. Opening the public lot several hours early yet not letting donors in the more expensive lots until right at 7?

And then there's 30 after the game, where they do that 'force people into the left lane' business and jam everything up with people having to merge back and forth when they want to get on 35 south, turning the entire highway into a parking lot.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I lifted a girl up by her armpits at the Kansas game last year and was the only thing that prevented her from being trampled or pushed forcefully into the doors. Agreed with student entrance at both places needing more structure.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Why do they force the most intoxicated people into one gate? Why can't students get seat numbers based on when they buy like the rest of us and allow them to use any gate?

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Why do they force the most intoxicated people into one gate? Why can't students get seat numbers based on when they buy like the rest of us and allow them to use any gate?

I really do not get the AD's obsession with creating one and only one student entrance for football and men's basketball. In earlier years (2010 and 2011) I would often enter Gate 1 for football and the lower west doors at Hilton. Now they force all students to use Gate 2 at JTS and the north doors of Hilton. Combine that with a significantly higher number of students that you are corralling into one place and you have a recipe for disaster.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I think they should seat the rest of the sections before they seat the student section, that way everyone can watch that train wreck.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron