JTS construction webcam?

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
CNW6cxVUkAAvqfF.jpg

CNW6l6ZUsAA1bNg.jpg

2clones4cy

Dec 2, 2012
Press "box"

Not sure a press box would be good right now! I understand we need one as the one right now looks out of place, but then how would we fill the box seats along with seats in the stands. Plus I don't think there is a demand for more box seats from fans.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Bad news. In order to get the crane out, they needed to do some de-construction. Taken at 4:00 pm today:
attachment.php

THANK GOD! They're finally excavating to find whatever is buried under the stadium that's caused our ongoing curse! :pmad:

Pseudonym

Apr 7, 2009
San Francisco, California
Reiman family: Here is a gift to Iowa State for a stadium reno....
Sukup: Ha! I'll take the glory It's all mine now suckas!

Yeah, I don't get that. Not sure how much sukup donated, but guessing a fraction of the amount the reiman's did. and yes I realize the garden's are already named after them and they will likely receive more recognition as the entire plan is finished, still seems weird to me that "naming" rights were even available when somebody had already give more than half the cost of the project.

cyclone87

Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
The plaza area/ green space area between the stadium and the gardens will be Reiman plaza and I'm guessing there will be monument signage put up at the entrance of University Blvd for Reiman Gardens as well. I'm thinking Reiman's biggest concern was how the project would tie into the gardens and improving the entrance and aesthetics. I'm very interested to see what the green space component will look like. My guess is we will find out within the next few months.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
That giant yellow name on the wall in front of the club? Yuck...

I wonder how much Sukup would give me to tattoo his name on my ***.

Pseudonym

Apr 7, 2009
San Francisco, California
That giant yellow name on the wall in front of the club? Yuck...

I wonder how much Sukup would give me to tattoo his name on my ***.

Actually the whole red background yellow lettering in jack trice needs to go(including where it says jack trice stadium). it looks god awful. Not sure if they need to outline the lettering in black or white, but it just looks very amateurish the way it is.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Actually the whole red background yellow lettering in jack trice needs to go(including where it says jack trice stadium). it looks god awful. Not sure if they need to outline the lettering in black or white, but it just looks very amateurish the way it is.

I spent several hours last week in awe of the new South end zone. Feeling blessed with our new big time stadium while watching the closed practice was special to me. I missed the blemishes. I feel like a hick now not seeing the amateurishness of some aspects of the JTS. Maybe that is why I missed the meaning in Jack's brassy wink floating by on my cloud of elation.

Oh I took some kids to the butterfly room in the Reiman Gardens and it was good too.

Last edited:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Reiman family: Here is a gift to Iowa State for a stadium reno....
Sukup: Ha! I'll take the glory It's all mine now suckas!

Maybe the Reiman's simply don't want their name splashed all over the place. I'm sure if they wanted it would be all over the SEZ in flashing neon signs.