Jose Perez from Gardner Webb

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
This is the guy, though I wasn't 100% clear if he was referring to Perez not having an ISU offer or talking about a couple of the earlier players top 4 released who listed ISU w/o an offer.

Perez is a level above Ozier and Flowers so I would have expected him to get an offer.

Sure he didn’t mean Salnave?

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Not being interested in Salnave and Perez doesn't make sense to me
It also doesn’t make sense for several guys having us as finalists only to later hear we didn’t “offer”.

Maybe we have better players lined up? Perez would compete with 4 really promising prospects for wing guard minutes (JJ and the three freshmen). Perhaps we’re just saving face or knew the odds were low we land them and didn’t want to waste our time?

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
This is the guy, though I wasn't 100% clear if he was referring to Perez not having an ISU offer or talking about a couple of the earlier players top 4 released who listed ISU w/o an offer.

Perez is a level above Ozier and Flowers so I would have expected him to get an offer.

I may have spaced out on a few of their comments, but I kinda presumed those mentions by CW in the recent pod were about a few of those early guys into the portal, Ozier and Flowers, not Perez. Those those two seemed to announce a top 4 kind of thing immediately, without any smoke from our side.

Whether or not Perez holds an official offer at this time, I don't see anything on the surface as to why he wouldn't be a solid get for us and have legitimate interest from our staff. He puts up numbers in all phases and has >1 year to give us.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
6-5 SG who averaged 15 points 4 assists seems like a no brainer. What am I missing?

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
@jakewringarten Gardner-Webb transfer Jose Perez spoke with Marquette’s Steve Wojciechowski, Georgia Tech’s Josh Pastner and Memphis’ Cody Toppert today, he told @Stockrisers.

Iowa State and Illinois also in contact. Perez says everyone is in the mix. No frontrunner as of now.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Announcing his decision at 5:00 pm today fanatics! I was confident that it was us, but I've got this vibe he might be going to Illinois. Hope I'm wrong.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
CSP is playing go-fish...
His strategy had been sound. Missing on guys stinks, but we don’t need him taking guys he isn’t sure will help.

We’re going to laugh at these threads when we look back after improving next year and then having a great year in 2021-22.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I am guessing with Perez the staff feels like they have similar guys on the roster and they don't think he would be an upgrade over them?