Jeff Hornacek funny article

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
You mean Elmhurst, IL?

Man, I am far too young to remember Jeff at ISU, but I vividly remember him and John Stockton reminding me what it would look like if my Dad played in the NBA.

Unfortunately I am not...I briefly crossed paths with Hornacek in college, he was a RS Jr my freshman year. One of my most vivid memories was my intramural team playing against him and several other scholarship athletes in slow pitch softball. We were in the C league so not sure why D1 scholarship athletes would be in that league but that's a different story. I don't think we ever got to bat as they scored like 80 runs against us in the top of the 1st inning and the umpire made us quit because the next game was scheduled. We had absolutely no chance at getting them out as they hammered home run after home run.
On the court he was amazing.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Unfortunately I am not...I briefly crossed paths with Hornacek in college, he was a RS Jr my freshman year. One of my most vivid memories was my intramural team playing against him and several other scholarship athletes in slow pitch softball. We were in the C league so not sure why D1 scholarship athletes would be in that league but that's a different story. I don't think we ever got to bat as they scored like 80 runs against us in the top of the 1st inning and the umpire made us quit because the next game was scheduled. We had absolutely no chance at getting them out as they hammered home run after home run.

Not all, but we don't realize at times that there's a lot of D1 athletes that are basically a different form of human with their athleticism.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
many times you see these bombshells on full screen and it's like holy **** you can barely walk like a human being, but Abby moves like an athlete.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I feel like she doesn't miss workouts whilst being quarantined.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Abby is a cute GIRL. Nothing more. How about Jeff's wife?? She's not chopped liver either... lol

And to whatever chatter about Jeff coming back to Ames, Iowa to coach or be in any capacity within the athletic department I believe has less than a 5% chance. He's happy with where he is at.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
I was in school the same time as Jeff but the only contact I had was with his accounting homework - good student. There was a joke about who was the highest paid accountant from ISU - Jeff Hornacek!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
People who make their living presenting a certain look and are laid, rightly or wrongly, on their attractiveness at all times?
Meh. Sunrise hikes with your dad? I'd be willing to bet she's attractive without all the extra eye & lip stuff. Was it about her dad & his birthday, or was it a look at me photo op for her?

Guess I'm just cynical.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016

I was a year behind Hornacek and I umped softball. The guy was a VERY good baseball / softball player. Good shortstop; good stick.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Meh. Sunrise hikes with your dad? I'd be willing to bet she's attractive without all the extra eye & lip stuff. Was it about her dad & his birthday, or was it a look at me photo op for her?

Guess I'm just cynical.
Probably the second option.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007

Guess I'm just cynical.

Well, she's a celeb and is trying to become a bigger celeb and her Instagram account is an avenue to do that. She has almost 40,000 followers. If my face was about to pop upon 40,000 devices I'd probably want to make sure that it looks good. (No one wants to see my face on 40 devices let alone 40,000).

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

Guess I'm just cynical.

Welcome to our current hellscape.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron