***ISU WNBA Thread***

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Carleton lost the in-state rivals battle to the Hawks tonight with Lynx falling to the Aces 80-66. Of course it was on NBA TV but blacked out for me in Twin Cities. Kate Martin continues to impress with 21 minute and 9 points. Carleton had only 2 pt and M. Gustafson had 4.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Carleton lost the in-state rivals battle to the Hawks tonight with Lynx falling to the Aces 80-66. Of course it was on NBA TV but blacked out for me in Twin Cities. Kate Martin continues to impress with 21 minute and 9 points. Carleton had only 2 pt and M. Gustafson had 4.
Martin and the Stanford mugger have been two big surprises to me. I didn’t think either would translate to the pros that well. Im def being proven wrong.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Martin and the Stanford mugger have been two big surprises to me. I didn’t think either would translate to the pros that well. Im def being proven wrong.

Martin has really surprised me. Don't think any of us had her as an 18th overall pick and than making the roster of the defending champs and than playing 20 minutes in a game and not just a minute or two in garbage time. I knew she was a good player and liked her game but underestimated the value a WNBA coach would place on a very smart Swiss Army Knife player.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Martin has really surprised me. Don't think any of us had her as an 18th overall pick and than making the roster of the defending champs and than playing 20 minutes in a game and not just a minute or two in garbage time. I knew she was a good player and liked her game but underestimated the value a WNBA coach would place on a very smart Swiss Army Knife player.

It reminded me of when MJ first left the NBA early and the fans voted BJ Armstrong onto the All Star team (he was my favorite player as a kid but all star was a stretch). Seems I was wrong.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Martin is a very good player who knows the game and her talents, very good spot up shooter from three and hustles on defense and not afraid to mix it up. Right now the Aces have a number of injured players so she is getting playing time and doing a good job.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Carleton has made a nice career being this type of player.

Not all of those attributes she showed in her role at ISU although it was more of the role she seemed to play on her Canadian national teams going way back to U19 and all.

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
Martin is a very good player who knows the game and her talents, very good spot up shooter from three and hustles on defense and not afraid to mix it up. Right now the Aces have a number of injured players so she is getting playing time and doing a good job.
She was definitely an underrated part of Iowa's success the last two years.

CloneSt8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 1, 2011
Linx game is on ION broadcast television 48.1 in the Cedar Rapids area.

Reactions: NWICY

CloneSt8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 1, 2011
Watching the Linx game. Some little differences in the WNBA vs college. In the WNBA the visiting team wears white while it's the home team in college. And in the WNBA the teams play on offense in front of their bench in the first half rather than the second half like in college. Makes it a little confusing for me.

And they just called a defensive 3 seconds in the lane???

Last edited:

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Watching the Linx game. Some little differences in the WNBA vs college. In the WNBA the visiting team wears white while it's the home team in college. And in the WNBA the teams play on offense in front of their bench in the first half rather than the second half like in college. Makes it a little confusing for me.

And they just called a defensive 3 seconds in the lane???

On uniform colors - there is no standard in WNBA on who wears what color. It may be that the home team chooses an color and visitors have to adjust but not sure about that.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Clone games this week.

441874561_871001745065378_1116465437350765801_n.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron