Votes: 46 17.2%
  • ISU by 15+

Votes: 7 2.6%

• Total voters

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I believe the last NINE games between OSU and ISU have all been decided by one score, so I'm guessing this game will follow suit. I don't think that bodes well for us, but who knows. It's possible we could buck the trend.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
OSU has collapsed in the past two weeks. Is Sanders healthy enough to play? Vegas picking a Big 12 one win team to win on the road against a team that was ranked earlier? Probably comes down to our freshman kicker. Is he from Oklahoma? ISU 17 OSU 13.

Reactions: Cyclone2daBoneIndy

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Speaking of Sanders being out, what is up with Eli? Brock is hurt, Norton has been dinged up, and Silas is not a 3 down back. Have not seen Eli play for a few weeks.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Speaking of Sanders being out, what is up with Eli? Brock is hurt, Norton has been dinged up, and Silas is not a 3 down back. Have not seen Eli play for a few weeks.
I'm not sure if injuries are in play or not. Now that Norton is back and Brock was getting better, they, along with Silas, are better options.

I think the challenge for Sanders is with our OL, his style of running isn't a great fit. The other backs have better vision and lateral movement. If our OL was better at the point of attack you might see Sanders more.

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
Our offensive line is soooo bad- I know everyone sees it, but it is worse than most people think. I can't see us win with this group of OL. As the season goes on I feel Manning can have a bit of a pass since these guys are so bad/poorly coached.

• Dumb
Reactions: Aclone

IowaState88

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2022
What is latest news on Sanders? Was searching on twitter and couldn’t find anything other than Gundy “not commenting” on the injury.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Oklahoma State gave up 350 rushing yards to KU.

Hopefully there is some momentum in the run game after the fourth quarter vs WVU. If Norton and Silas can keep it going like that I think the offense will look pretty good this Saturday.
Every time we have played a game against a team that has a “poor run defense”, they completely shut us down.

IowaState88

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2022
Analytically Okie St. is very average across the board. An obvious downtrend over the last couple games.

Defensively they haven’t held a team under 30 pts since October 1st. Their DLine has been a bright spot.

Offensively they’ve scored 16 pts in the last two games. Their OLine is shaky but they have speed on the outside.

Pros:

Their RBs and line don’t strike me as a squad that can generate a ton of yards.

If we see a QB that isn’t Sanders I don’t see a path to Okie St. consistently moving the ball. Especially through the air. Tampa, AJ and Purchase have been elite this year. Elite.

Cons:

With the Cyclones still being a young team, I still anticipate some mistakes that make the game closer than it should be.

If Jeremiah Cooper is out, there may be some areas that OSU can test/expose. We will see.

Iowa States OLine will be tested. They will need to play well to keep Dekkers clean and give Norton space to operate.

Finals Score:

ISU 27 OSU 17

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If we somehow win, next weekend is going to be up a notch in atmosphere knowing we need to beat tech for a bowl. It's the hoo-rah that it has been like in the Purdy era but it will be raucous and have bit of a flavor of the old days when were shitass every year.

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
2 tickets for sale. Decided not to go, girlfriend is sick. They are listed in the ticket exchange forum.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
FYI, the lead in game on ESPNU is SMU @ USF. SMU is favored by 17.5. I assume that bodes well for us getting to see the 1Q of the OSU game, since fewer timeouts are taken in lopsided games. I always check on that when dealing with ESPNU, given their penchant for tight scheduling.

Reactions: Aclone and Snydes

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron