ISU vs KU recent history.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Clones are 7-6 in last 13 games vs Kansas going back to the 2014 Big 12 conf tourney.
6 year mark: ISU is 7-8 if you include the 2013-2014 reg season sweep of KU over ISU (Niang/Kane/Ejim squad)

How many wins do other Big 12 teams have vs KU since 2013-2014 season?

7: ISU
5: OSU/WVU
3: KSU/OU
2: Tech/Texas
1: Baylor/TCU

ISU vs KU series link > https://www.sports-reference.com/cb...&game_result=&is_overtime=&order_by=date_game

By clicking on "total games" in link below you can see the series history against any opponent listed. https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/iowa-state/head-to-head.html

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Thanks for the Info.....Bill Self stated that his team looks at ISU differently than they do the other teams in the Big 12....and everybody saw why in the Championship Game.
...I think that Jamie Pollard needs to give Coach Prohm a pay raise and a contract extension....and remember GO Cyclones

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Thanks for the Info.....Bill Self stated that his team looks at ISU differently than they do the other teams in the Big 12....What Coach Steve Prohm has accomplished in his time here at ISU...I think that Jamie Pollard needs to give our Coach a pay raise and a contract extension....and remember GO Cyclones

But it’s not a rivalry, right? o_O

Reactions: cyfamily

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
But it’s not a rivalry, right? o_O

Kansas knows they always have to take every Big 12 team's best shot, so I understand where that suggestion comes from. They haven't had any one team consistently challenge them recently.

But KU fans know what's up. They don't like us, and haven't since Tinsley reminded them the Phog is just another gym. And despite their blue blood tradition, it REALLY bugs them that the annual conference tournament half an hour from their campus is more of a home game for ISU every year, regardless of how our season went.

We won't have to beat them too much more in the near future for this rivalry to heat up a bunch. I'm looking forward to it.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Thanks for the Info.....Bill Self stated that his team looks at ISU differently than they do the other teams in the Big 12....and everybody saw why in the Championship Game.
...I think that Jamie Pollard needs to give Coach Prohm a pay raise and a contract extension....and remember GO Cyclones

ISU has had at least 2 or 3 different teams going back to Hoiball featuring 5-6 guys that we as a fan base would be OK with ANY of them taking a 3 with the game on the line at the buzzer. Not sure if others in the Big 12 have consistently had such a group of shooters year in and year out. Pat Riley's utopia in LA was a bunch of 6'-9" versatile do all guys. In certain years ISU attained that at the collegiate level with a bunch of athletic 6-6 guys that could all shoot from downtown.

There's something to be said for having 5 guys on the court that rain 3's. We've seen in football that high flying offenses can get shut down by great defense, but year in and year out ISU gets their damn points regardless of who they play.

Remember when UCONN and Notre Dame fans thought their size advantage would crush the smaller ISU? Notre Dame looked JV and slow that game LOL! That game was comical to watch.

Reactions: CascadeClone

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
ISU has had at least 2 or 3 different teams going back to Hoiball featuring 5-6 guys that we as a fan base would be OK with ANY of them taking a 3 with the game on the line at the buzzer. Not sure if others in the Big 12 have consistently had such a group of shooters year in and year out. Pat Riley's utopia in LA was a bunch of 6'-9" versatile do all guys. In certain years ISU attained that at the collegiate level with a bunch of athletic 6-6 guys that could all shoot from downtown.

There's something to be said for having 5 guys on the court that rain 3's. We've seen in football that high flying offenses can get shut down by great defense, but year in and year out ISU gets their damn points regardless of who they play.

Remember when UCONN and Notre Dame fans thought their size advantage would crush the smaller ISU? Notre Dame looked JV and slow that game LOL! That game was comical to watch.

How do you think we compare to DePaul this year?

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO

Honestly funny to me that you're calling for Prohm to be given a raise and extension after s***ing on him all season.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
No idea. Did they play someone from the Big 12 in non-con? Chronically ill wife and 4.5 year old son make it challenging just to catch ISU games these days.

I was joking. One of Notre Dame's players was interviewed before that game saying ISU reminded them of DePaul. Which reading into it made it seem like they were underestimating us, and we know how that game went :)

• Winner
Reactions: Omaha Cy