ISU vs Iowa

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You didn't see #3 Marinelli v. #2 Wick as a big match? Seriously?

Whatever dude.

Yeah, Eli Stickley's sister, Marinelli's wife, has a special place in the Iowa wrestling family. If you want to dump on that, feel free champ.

I figured Marinelli would win, don’t think he’s lost to him has he?

What happened to the Stickley kid was a sad situation. If saying it’s an odd situation to hire a woman right out of school that is married to one of your best wrestlers is dumping, then I guess I’m dumping.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

What happened to the Stickley kid was a sad situation. If saying it’s an odd situation to hire a woman right out of school that is married to one of your best wrestlers is dumping, then I guess I’m dumping.

Yes, Wick the boring leg rider has beaten Marinelli.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
That Marinelli/Stickley story on BTN was sad as ****. Did not expect to tear up during that.

• Agree
Reactions: CyGold

HawkFan1

Feb 2, 2019

She was on the staff long before they were married...

HawkFan1

Feb 2, 2019
Wow, director of operations right out of HS? That is very impressive.
You mean out of college?

https://hawkeyesports.com/sports/wrestling/roster/coaches/moriah-marinelli/2028
“Moriah Marinelli was named Director of Wrestling Operations in June 2019.

Marinelli graduated from the University of Iowa in 2019 with a degree in Heath and Human Physiology. She was a manager for the Hawkeye wrestling team from 2015-19 and has four years of administrative experience working with the Hawkeye Wrestling Club.”

• Funny
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You mean out of college?

When I talked about her being director of operations it was mentioned that she had been in the role since 2015. I would guess she didn’t graduate college then. Maybe she did, but another impressive accomplishment if she did.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You mean out of college?

https://hawkeyesports.com/sports/wrestling/roster/coaches/moriah-marinelli/2028
“Moriah Marinelli was named Director of Wrestling Operations in June 2019.

Marinelli graduated from the University of Iowa in 2019 with a degree in Heath and Human Physiology. She was a manager for the Hawkeye wrestling team from 2015-19 and has four years of administrative experience working with the Hawkeye Wrestling Club.”

Manager is on staff? Ok....... I’m laughing at how much you guys are twisting this. It’s a loophole that you guys rightfully took advantage of but you guys are working awfully hard to contort it to something different. Easier if you just admitted it.

Waiting with a smile on the next twist.

OOTClone

Jan 3, 2017
Iowa looked Great last night. Totally dominated Wisconsin.

3 Big matches in the dual -- 133, 165 and 285, with Iowa winning each of them. They only gave up 2 takedowns all dual I believe. They dominated Wisconsin more so than the Cyclones.

Gross is going to need to make major adjustments in either his gameplan or weight management plan in order to reverse the result with Desanto.

Marinelli is certainly a Bull. He doesn't do a ton, but his position is fantastic and his reattacks last night were solid.

Cass wrestled the perfect match. He will have a lot of those this season.

Overall, Iowa has become the favorites to win NCAA's. PSU is slightly trailing. This is the best an Iowa team has looked since 2010.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
When I talked about her being director of operations it was mentioned that she had been in the role since 2015. I would guess she didn’t graduate college then. Maybe she did, but another impressive accomplishment if she did.
Dude...you twist your words so badly. No one said she was in that "role" since 2015. He said she was on the staff. She was the team manager for 4 years of undergrad. 4 years as team manager is what qualified her to be in the role that she was hired for in 2019 after graduation.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Dude...you twist your words so badly. No one said she was in that "role" since 2015. He said she was on the staff. She was the team manager for 4 years of undergrad. 4 years as team manager is what qualified her to be in the role that she was hired for in 2019 after graduation.

And I started with mentioning a paid position, so it was a twist on my original statement. Do you pay your team managers? You didn’t disappoint.

• Disagree
Reactions: Gitwitit

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Iowa looked Great last night. Totally dominated Wisconsin.

3 Big matches in the dual -- 133, 165 and 285, with Iowa winning each of them. They only gave up 2 takedowns all dual I believe. They dominated Wisconsin more so than the Cyclones.

Gross is going to need to make major adjustments in either his gameplan or weight management plan in order to reverse the result with Desanto.

Marinelli is certainly a Bull. He doesn't do a ton, but his position is fantastic and his reattacks last night were solid.

Cass wrestled the perfect match. He will have a lot of those this season.

Overall, Iowa has become the favorites to win NCAA's. PSU is slightly trailing. This is the best an Iowa team has looked since 2010.

Looks like Bull may be figuring Wick out. Was very glad he went neutral to start the 2nd.

Reactions: Sturge34

HawkFan1

Feb 2, 2019
Princeton will at least bring a Glory vs Lee match. Glory can beat him IMO
Don’t be surprised if you see Cashman fill in for Lee against Princeton. Sounds like Spencer will be entering the US Senior Nationals in Fort Worth. It’s an Olympic Trials qualifier (Save the ducking Glory chat). 197 will be the marquee match with Warner/Brucki. 149 & 157 will also be entertaining.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Don’t be surprised if you see Cashman fill in for Lee against Princeton. Sounds like Spencer will be entering the US Senior Nationals in Fort Worth. It’s an Olympic Trials qualifier (Save the ducking Glory chat). 197 will be the marquee match with Warner/Brucki. 149 & 157 will also be entertaining.

The event in Fort Worth isn't until the end of the month. Lol if they duck Glory this weekend but I don't see it happening. Glory is good enough to beat him so it should be a good test for Lee

HawkFan1

Feb 2, 2019
The event in Fort Worth isn't until the end of the month. Lol if they duck Glory this weekend but I don't see it happening. Glory is good enough to beat him so it should be a good test for Lee
What gives you the impression that Glory can hang with Lee anyway? The H2H is 2-0 Lee by a combined score of 30-8.
Their match last year at Midlands wasn’t as close as the score indicates (12-6, was up 12-0 after 1) and we know all well Lee was having some gassing issues in the middle of the season last year that seemed to clear up by March. I would look more at the dual result (18-2 TF 3:54). Lee is superior in 2/3 positions (neutral, on top).

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What gives you the impression that Glory can hang with Lee anyway? The H2H is 2-0 Lee by a combined score of 30-8.
Their match last year at Midlands wasn’t as close as the score indicates (12-6, was up 12-0 after 1) and we know all well Lee was having some gassing issues in the middle of the season last year that seemed to clear up by March. I would look more at the dual result (18-2 TF 3:54). Lee is superior in 2/3 positions (neutral, on top).

I think it'll be a good match Sunday if Glory can get through the first period in decent shape. I actually think Glory might win

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron