ISU-BYU this year???

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010
Can’t see it happening, but sounds like BYU is trying to sell Pollard on a game. I thought I heard Okie State was adding them so maybe the author got us confused for OSU? Anybody prefer BYU?

The Cougars are reportedly talking to several Big 12 schools, including Iowa State and Oklahoma; as of now, there are no Power Five opponents on BYU’s schedule

BYU is still in talks with Big 12 teams after they announced they will do a “plus one” model. Many have linked BYU with Oklahoma State, but the Cowboys could keep their game with in-state foe Tulsa. The Big 12’s non-conference game must be at home, which means BYU will have to play away from LES. Keep an eye on Oklahoma, Iowa State, Texas Tech, and TCU as possibilities for BYU.

Last edited:
Reactions: isutrevman

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Jamie said they anticipate playing the noncon home game on september 12. Somehow i dont see BYU playing @Navy on monday and then traveling to Ames on Saturday.

Also, ive seen this byu rumor, but it only seems to be coming from BYU side of things.

• Agree
Reactions: burn587

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
That's what they get for not being in a conference (and not being Notre Dame).

Also, Texas Tech's +1 is Houston Baptist.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Possibly if our current non-conference opponents all decide that they are not playing non-conference games?

Isn’t that a pretty big long shot? That’s a huge payday for non P5 schools in a time where they need the money the most.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
USD currently has Northern Arizona listed on 9/12. The Big Sky is meeting today. If they punt on the season, that frees up USD to play in Ames on 9/12.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
7FgDDXjLCI_RBUQiHQqDfUtf7xwcmm23iIOIsUX4ho9EMREHSmInAAWeh0UHiErEb_pbNkubbUkG8vZNCTNk8TgNeE0MEMrq85QrYyRsNpw4rYMOCcp1_ZCiO-6imGGWRijieCchaTo

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Can’t see it happening, but sounds like BYU is trying to sell Pollard on a game. I thought I heard Okie State was adding them so maybe the author got us confused for OSU? Anybody prefer BYU?

The Cougars are reportedly talking to several Big 12 schools, including Iowa State and Oklahoma; as of now, there are no Power Five opponents on BYU’s schedule

BYU is still in talks with Big 12 teams after they announced they will do a “plus one” model. Many have linked BYU with Oklahoma State, but the Cowboys could keep their game with in-state foe Tulsa. The Big 12’s non-conference game must be at home, which means BYU will have to play away from LES. Keep an eye on Oklahoma, Iowa State, Texas Tech, and TCU as possibilities for BYU.

tenor.gif