Is Lewis injured because

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Terrence has actually had some very solid games when he’s actually played more than 10 minutes. I’m not going to say names though because I don’t know who reads this board and how it could come back on me in a negative way.

upload_2019-11-27_15-16-58.png

upload_2019-11-27_15-17-41.png

so in games where he played more than 10 minutes hes averaging 6.7 ppg and shooting 25/74 (33.7%) from 3. Should also be noted isu is 13-10 in games he plays more than 10 min

I guess you could argue hes "very solid" but i dont see how hes a player that is going to help ISU win games in the 2019-20 season.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
View attachment 68900

View attachment 68899

so in games where he played more than 10 minutes hes averaging 6.7 ppg and shooting 25/74 (33.7%) from 3. Should also be noted isu is 13-10 in games he plays more than 10 min

I guess you could argue hes "very solid" but i dont see how hes a player that is going to help ISU win games in the 2019-20 season.
6.7 points per game is very solid considering the minutes were inconsistent. If he was consistently getting 10-15 minutes per game I think he’d help the team. I’m not saying Terrence is the answer to the teams struggles but I’m just saying there’s probably only 2-3 guys on this entire roster have that proven they deserve 20+ minutes.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
6.7 points per game is very solid considering the minutes were inconsistent. If he was consistently getting 10-15 minutes per game I think he’d help the team. I’m not saying Terrence is the answer to the teams struggles but I’m just saying there’s probably only 2-3 guys on this entire roster have that proven they deserve 20+ minutes.

we can go back and forth on whether we think Lewis would help ISU if he played. You do, i dont. At the end of the day though Prohm doesnt and that's why he doesnt play. Lewis has done nothing that we know of to put himself in the doghouse so it's not like one can play the "discipline" card.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Lewis' biggest issues aren't on the offensive side of things and he's not good on offense

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
we can go back and forth on whether we think Lewis would help ISU if he played. You do, i dont. At the end of the day though Prohm doesnt and that's why he doesnt play. Lewis has done nothing that we know of to put himself in the doghouse so it's not like one can play the "discipline" card.
That’s fair. I’m just never going to say Lewis can’t contribute when there’s guys playing above him who have yet to have a game like Lewis has had.

• Friendly
  • Agree
Reactions: Cytown12 and Messi

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
View attachment 68900

View attachment 68899

He’s taller,longer and can brick threes just as well as a few of our shooters.. he made some solid cuts last year for good looks. I would like to see him in the mix. Solomon young, Halliburton and Bolton have been solid as starters the rest of the minutes should be up for grabs. I hope Lewis gets a shot. Prohm is bad with lineups period. It’s been clear every year.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He’s taller,longer and can brick threes just as well as a few of our shooters.. he made some solid cuts last year for good looks. I would like to see him in the mix. Solomon young, Halliburton and Bolton have been solid as starters the rest of the minutes should be up for grabs. I hope Lewis gets a shot. Prohm is bad with lineups period. It’s been clear every year.

I think Prohm did great with his lineup today actually

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I don't think getting worse defensively while not getting better offensively is going to give us a better chance to win
Something has to change though. We’re not going to beat any good teams while giving up over 75 points with how bad we are offensively.

• Funny
Reactions: CyPunch

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Ultimately I think the problem is the same problem it’s always been with some fans and Prohm. There’s just flat out play style differences. Some fans just don’t agree with the vision that Prohm has for the team offensively.

I think it’s incredibly frustrating for people that we’ve gone from an elite offensive team to consistently more of a balanced team.

I know for me specifically I’d rather be elite offensively and poor defensively than good offensively and good defensively. With the first team you may lose some games you shouldn’t but you can win every game. With the later team you are generally going to win and lose the games you should. I feel like that’s where we are at.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
We're going to have to be better defensively obviously
Which is hard for me to believe because we just don’t matchup well with any team who has length on the perimeter. Taller players are just rising over Bolton and Nixon consistently and Jacobson can’t really defend anybody who can shoot. I don’t know how you fix that. We have to get better offensively as well.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You don’t see the hockey line change completely kill momentum like it did to start the game today.. things went bad after the first change.
I think a couple of guys had a rough day overall. Conditt was bad on both ends of the floor and Mike was terrible on the offensive end. Those two guys giving you basically nothing does not help at all.

• Agree
Reactions: Kurttr

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron