Iowa State Transfer/Recruiting Class 2024

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I bet the. People who do the measuring know the phrase, "ok, young man, let's stand up nice and tall for Mr./Ms. (Person with measuring device.)

Although 6' 10" 260# is acceptable too.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
I bet the. People who do the measuring know the phrase, "ok, young man, let's stand up nice and tall for Mr./Ms. (Person with measuring
I bet the. People who do the measuring know the phrase, "ok, young man, let's stand up nice and tall for Mr./Ms. (Person with measuring device.)

Although 6' 10" 260# is acceptable too.
A step up skill wise from Jones/King but if whether he'll be as intense and energetic as Jones remains to be seen.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
11 of the teams in the Sweet 16 were Top 20 in AdjO rating

We were the second lowest - SDSU was just behind us
Damn, I didn't recall that.

I am confident TJ will have us much higher in those ratings next year. We will need to be in order to make a (legit) deep run.

• Informative
Reactions: CyValley

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
The offense was really good when Milan was hitting shots and had to be accounted for on every possession, and struggled when Milan hit the wall. An improved, more consistent Milan will improve the offense. A 5 that has more than 5’ of range will help, too.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
The offense was really good when Milan was hitting shots and had to be accounted for on every possession, and struggled when Milan hit the wall. An improved, more consistent Milan will improve the offense. A 5 that has more than 5’ of range will help, too.
Gaining strength should help him to post up more where he can use his fadeaway more effectively. Although I only remember him using his half hook a couple of times, that shot can also be an option closer to the hoop.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Visits in the works have been reported for Joshua Jefferson and William Kyle III, both guys have some other visits working though so nothing guaranteed.
Thanks. I thought those were the two "known," but I've been somewhat out-of-loop past couple of days.

I don't recall any others that had been mentioned as possibilities. That could change, of course.

So based on that, likelihood is we're trying for one more big, and being content with guard/wing. ("Content" might be an understatement)

Jkclone15

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 19, 2017
Thanks. I thought those were the two "known," but I've been somewhat out-of-loop past couple of days.

I don't recall any others that had been mentioned as possibilities. That could change, of course.

So based on that, likelihood is we're trying for one more big, and being content with guard/wing. ("Content" might be an understatement)
Ezra Ausar has been contacted, but no visit set so no idea how serious it is

Reactions: cyclones500

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Gaining strength should help him to post up more where he can use his fadeaway more effectively. Although I only remember him using his half hook a couple of times, that shot can also be an option closer to the hoop.
What I've been thinking as well. He used the hook a lot in high school, but it seemed like he fell in love with the fadeaway a tad too much this year when he could've got an easier shot. Getting position early and using some booty ball could be a dangerous addition to his arsenal.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
What I've been thinking as well. He used the hook a lot in high school, but it seemed like he fell in love with the fadeaway a tad too much this year when he could've got an easier shot. Getting position early and using some booty ball could be a dangerous addition to his arsenal.
Yeah he needs to add some other moves. Some counters to the fade and when he gets a smaller defender needs a go to shot to the hoop rather than fading away

• Winner
Reactions: Gibbon

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
Haven’t heard much about Omaha or J Hamilton offers list ….. it sounded like an earlier post suggested TJ would have liked both to stay , do you think TJ has left the door unlocked for a possible return from either? Apparently they both wanted more playing time …(like all players) maybe they are seeing it differently out in the open?

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclone Pfan

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Yeah he needs to add some other moves. Some counters to the fade and when he gets a smaller defender needs a go to shot to the hoop rather than fading away
It was obvious after the non-con, everyone knew about Milan's fadeaway. I often thought he should just turn and go straight up, a lot of defenders would have jumped into him expecting him to fade back.

Help Support Us

Become a patron