I'm not watching Game of Thrones thread

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
images

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I could have joined a not watching Breaking Bad thread...but I also could have joined the "watching entire series of Breaking Bad in one week right before the series finale" thread. Sometimes it is more fun to get it all in a huge binge.

You'll come in expecting Lord of the Rings, but you'll get sucked in for The Godfather or Sopranos elements. One of my best friends dislikes fantasy and sci fi stuff and GoT is his favorite tv show ever, the production quality has never been matched in a tv show.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I've never watched it but figure I should at least try the first few episodes some time and see what I think.

Bamacyclone

Jan 7, 2012
SE
I realize I'm way out of societal norms, but I don't watch tv. We read books. We are enjoying Martin's Throne books.

Generally if I like a book, I don't like what Hollywood does to it.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I could have joined a not watching Breaking Bad thread...but I also could have joined the "watching entire series of Breaking Bad in one week right before the series finale" thread. Sometimes it is more fun to get it all in a huge binge.

You'll come in expecting Lord of the Rings, but you'll get sucked in for The Godfather or Sopranos elements. One of my best friends dislikes fantasy and sci fi stuff and GoT is his favorite tv show ever, the production quality has never been matched in a tv show.
I'm sure it's great, I just haven't had time lately. Plus it's not on Netflix.

mdclone

Nov 9, 2006
Iowa
Have the dragons arrived yet? Everything I know about GoT I learned from South Park. The weiners kinda scared me away.

There is plenty of nudity in it but I don't really recall many weiners. That was the one thing I didn't get about the South Park episodes making fun of it. The weiners thing was way over blown. As far as the dragons that's tough to answer without spoilers but they have been a major part of the show for a while now.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
There is plenty of nudity in it but I don't really recall many weiners. That was the one thing I didn't get about the South Park episodes making fun of it. The weiners thing was way over blown. As far as the dragons that's tough to answer without spoilers but they have been a major part of the show for a while now.
Man, I can't even get away from spoilers in a thread about not watching Game of Thrones. :wink:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I binge watched all 31 episodes last weekend in an attempt to be one of the cool kids. However, after reading the GoT show thread Sunday night, I found I was still not one of the cool kids. (Felt a little like an innocent VEISHEA riot bystander who got caught between warring factions of book readers versus show watchers)

:sad:

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Have the dragons arrived yet? Everything I know about GoT I learned from South Park. The weiners kinda scared me away.

OMG there are dragons, you have spoiled it for me and ruined my life.:jimlad: Only thing worse you could do to be repeatedly attacked on CF is mention that four letter I word and their depth.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Just DVR'd the entire series last weekend during a free HBO weekend on Mediacom. Plan on going on a binge...

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006

I saw that Southpark trilogy before I started binge watching too so I was worried about all the dongs but IIRC I've only seen 1 flacid dong in 3+ seasons of the show and the dragons showed up at the end of season 1 so I don't really understand why Southpark kept harping on that.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I saw that Southpark trilogy before I started binge watching too so I was worried about all the dongs but IIRC I've only seen 1 flacid dong in 3+ seasons of the show and the dragons showed up at the end of season 1 so I don't really understand why Southpark kept harping on that.
SpoilerAlert.gif