How much should I expect to pay

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM
For our quarterfinal game on Thursday? Going to be heading down Wednesday night. We're probably just going to try and scalp Thursday morning for 2-3 people. If it's absurdly high we're just going to watch in the P&L. Wish they had single game student tickets like most of the other conference tournaments.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
A lot. Probably $150 for poor seats. Same as last year when ISU KSU KU and OSU were in the semis together.

Madcyentist

Aug 12, 2011
Ankeny/Ames
A lot. Probably $150 for poor seats. Same as last year when ISU KSU KU and OSU were in the semis together.

You think 150$? The face value of my ticket is 45$ but pretty high up there. I am selling my second session but I wasn't going to ask near that amount. Was thinking like 75 bucks

iheartcy

Dec 5, 2012
I sold my extra set if upper level tickets for $125 for the second session. I've got a couple all session passes left that I'm looking to sell if your interested.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
You think 150$? The face value of my ticket is 45$ but pretty high up there. I am selling my second session but I wasn't going to ask near that amount. Was thinking like 75 bucks
KU, KSU and ISU all in the same session means tickets are going to be expensive for Thursday Afternoon. probably have trouble selling tickets to the Thursday night session.

Madcyentist

Aug 12, 2011
Ankeny/Ames
KU, KSU and ISU all in the same session means tickets are going to be expensive for Thursday Afternoon. probably have trouble selling tickets to the Thursday night session.

Yeah that doesn't help. Thinking since we have 4 just put em all together. I just hope where I'm at isn't to far away. On the end in the upper deck. Like the balcony corner.

isutoad

Nov 12, 2008
IOWA
Have two in sec 207 row 6 seat 1 and 2. These seats are on the side. Want $150.00 each or best offer. Send a p m if interested.

HoraceGrant

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2011
I sold my extra set if upper level tickets for $125 for the second session. I've got a couple all session passes left that I'm looking to sell if your interested.

How much are you thinking about selling the all sessions for?

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames

It depends. Cheapest on Stub hub is well over 100. Depends what the scalper market is doing, I know that's what they went for at the semis last year.

NotJustMagic

Mar 16, 2009
Central Iowa
Last year I paid 100 for a seat behind a basket, second row from the top. It sucked. But we were also in a large group, and people wanted to sit together. My advice is have a map of the seating chart saved on ur phone so u can see where the tickets will be when ur buying them

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
It will be the most expensive ticket of the whole week because there are three teams that travel in that session. Usually if you wait until right after tip you can get cheaper tickets from the scalpers, but that won't be the case this time since KU plays the second game. If you are not wanting or willing to pony up for Thursday ticket, plan on the P&L district. It's not a bad way to watch the game though, and there will be a ton of fans there.

Your best option is trying to buy extras from the other fan bases. They may still want over ticket price, but they are usually not as offensive as the scalpers.

ChiefCyclone

Sep 6, 2011
Ankeny
yes it will be an expensive ticket. If you're going down Wed night, wait outside Sprint center after the games are over and ask the fans of the losing teams if they are selling theirs.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
yes it will be an expensive ticket. If you're going down Wed night, wait outside Sprint center after the games are over and ask the fans of the losing teams if they are selling theirs.

Bring your club to beat away the hoards of scalpers who will be doing the same thing....

I'd say a single is going to cost $75-$100 for Thursday. If you're looking for seats together start moving that number up.

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny

Not a bad idea, but I don't think there will be many fans in attendance. TCU and Tech won't attend at all, Baylor may have a small crowd, but since they did not perform well this season, I wouldn't count on too many there. There is usually a decent OSU crowd, but even if they lose, their fan base usually stays and attends all the games even of they are out. If OSU loses, that would be your best bet, but like I said, their fans come to watch the games win or lose.