Housing market

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Just buy your new house with cash. Problem solved.
If that was a requirement, I think most Americans - myself included, would be living in cardboard boxes. Right or wrong, that's reality of savings and credit thesedays.

Reactions: MJ29

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
If that was a requirement, I think most Americans - myself included, would be living in cardboard boxes. Right or wrong, that's reality of savings and credit thesedays.

It’s been the reality throughout history in most societies.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Lets see in LA morning rush hour that is about a 2-3 mile drive. you got it easy my friend

In SoCal I would take the 133 home through Laguna Canyon. Not a bad view.

Somehow the commute became a great way to unwind after a day of work. Sometimes I'd take PCH home. Take a little longer but the ocean air is pretty sweet.

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
That was very much sarcasm...

• Friendly
Reactions: Jer

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
It’s been the reality throughout history in most societies.

Our species has spent approximately 200,000 years as hunter-gatherers; 12,000 years as subsistence-level farmers, and roughly the past 250 years living in the luxury of industrialization.

So...

94.2% of the time we weren't even "homeless" in the sense permanent homes were rare
5.7% of the time living in the squalor of peasant-/serf-/slave-based societies
0.0011% of the time living in a situation where having a nice home could even be a thing

Last edited:

fsanford

Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
In SoCal I would take the 133 home through Laguna Canyon. Not a bad view.

Somehow the commute became a great way to unwind after a day of work. Sometimes I'd take PCH home. Take a little longer but the ocean air is pretty sweet.
Orange county and South Orange county is certainly some beautiful country
Lots of podcast time for sure.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Our species has spent approximately 200,000 years as hunter-gatherers; 12,000 years as subsistence-level farmers, and roughly the past 250 years living in the luxury of industrialization.

So...

94.2% of the time we weren't even "homeless" in the sense permanent homes were rare.
5.7% of the time living in the squalor of peasant-/serf-/slave-based societies
0.0011% of the time living in a situation where having a nice home could even be a thing
Heard the cavemen tried building nice houses but those damn dinosaurs kept squashing them.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Orange county and South Orange county is certainly some beautiful country
Lots of podcast time for sure.

At times the marine layer would spill over the mountains and down into the valley. Pretty amazing stuff to see just driving home.

Really miss that place. Those types of things just don't happen in my part of the world

Reactions: fsanford

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
At times the marine layer would spill over the mountains and down into the valley. Pretty amazing stuff to see just driving home.

Really miss that place. Those types of things just don't happen in my part of the world

Used to live on top of a big hill in CR (Bowman Woods) and on occasion it would be clear or not too bad at the top but foggy at the bottom. I am sure that is similiar.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Used to live on top of a big hill in CR (Bowman Woods) and on occasion it would be clear or not too bad at the top but foggy at the bottom. I am sure that is similiar.

Kind of. The fog would pour over the mountain from the ocean. Llke it was coming out of a pitcher.

I was watching ball in Newport. Friend's condo wall would basically open up for an ocean view. We all watched the sunset over the ocean and then the wall of marine layer come in.

It's really something. None of us got angry putting the game on pause.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigCyFan and wxman1

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Kind of. The fog would pour over the mountain from the ocean. Llke it was coming out of a pitcher.

I was watching ball in Newport. Friend's condo wall would basically open up for an ocean view. We all watched the sunset over the ocean and then the wall of marine layer come in.

It's really something. None of us got angry putting the game on pause.

God damn hippies.

• Agree
Reactions: Sigmapolis

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
How much would the price have to stop to have the payment be close to before?

I don’t know, just a quick observation. Also, this is east coast, so the prices in general are higher, driving the p&i with it too.