Honda Ridgeline

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
The new ones interest me as a possible replacement for my Dodge Durango (which has 190,000 miles on it). I want something with a lot of tech that is quiet and rides nice. By all accounts these do. Full-size pickups are so dang big it’s hard to find one with 4 doors that will fit in my garage!

Does anybody have one and what are your thoughts? I drive about 95% of my miles are on highway or gravel and 5% in farm fields.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I've driven a Gen 1 Ridgeline since 2008 and you can't go wrong with them in my opinion. All I do is fill with gas, change oil, brakes and tires and one brake caliper since I got it. They aren't for hardcore offroading or heavy trailers but it sounds like you aren't doing that. You'll love the trunk that also can be filled with ice and packed with your favorite beverage for tailgates. Even has a plug to drain it if you use it for that. I've hauled campers, and rock and has 23 sheets of 5/8" sheetrock in the back and it was great. No wheel wells is huge in my opinion.

I know the Gen 2's are better on gas so I'm sure you'll be happy.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
69751117.jpg

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
I've driven a Gen 1 Ridgeline since 2008 and you can't go wrong with them in my opinion. All I do is fill with gas, change oil, brakes and tires and one brake caliper since I got it. They aren't for hardcore offroading or heavy trailers but it sounds like you aren't doing that. You'll love the trunk that also can be filled with ice and packed with your favorite beverage for tailgates. Even has a plug to drain it if you use it for that. I've hauled campers, and rock and has 23 sheets of 5/8" sheetrock in the back and it was great. No wheel wells is huge in my opinion.

I know the Gen 2's are better on gas so I'm sure you'll be happy.

Interesting the general lack of responses. Appears not many people have strong opinions on them one way or the other(which kind of match their sale numbers).

Yes I think brakes are one of their few weaknesses. We have had to replace my wife’s several times on our 07 Odyssey. It’s at 150,000 and has been pretty bulletproof other than that.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
The Ridgeline is a great vehicle when it is used for what it is designed to do. It is a gentleman's pick-up and not a heavy duty towing machine. Ceramic brake pads take care of the brake issue. When I was selling them, I told my customers to not try anything with the Ridgeline that they would not do with their wife's Odyssey minivan. That advice generally led to very happy customers.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The Ridgeline is a great vehicle when it is used for what it is designed to do. It is a gentleman's pick-up and not a heavy duty towing machine. Ceramic brake pads take care of the brake issue. When I was selling them, I told my customers to not try anything with the Ridgeline that they would not do with their wife's Odyssey minivan. That advice generally led to very happy customers.

You are describing what more than half of the pickups in the country are actually used for. :rolleyes:

Interesting to see the pickup fever has now fully engulfed the collector and classic car market. Old pickups are the bomb at car auctions now.

ruflosn

Dec 21, 2008
You are describing what more than half of the pickups in the country are actually used for. :rolleyes:

Interesting to see the pickup fever has now fully engulfed the collector and classic car market. Old pickups are the bomb at car auctions now.
Probably closer to 3/4

• Funny
Reactions: dirtyninety

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

The Odyssey minivan

Now THERE'S a ride!

I test drove a Ridgeline. Didn't want to like it, but did. Way too ugly for me to be seen in one full time, but it wasn't a bad ride. Would consider a Pilot or that minivan action

Reactions: Tailg8er

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I drive a Toyota Tacoma and I love it. I’m not sure I will ever own anything else. The Ridgelines from what I understand are limited to what types of truck things you can do with it.
I also think the Colorado’s are sharp.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I kinda want a newer truck....but can't really justify the price for my very-minimal usage of actual truck features (versus, say, a crossover).

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
The Colorado is #2 on my list. Little tighter cab and not as many features and tech. Haven’t ruled it out yet..

How is the quality of the Colorado? I've driven a Colorado and really liked it too, but I would guess the Honda is going to have a much better chance of not breaking down.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron