Hinterland 2019

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Was going to check out some Maggie Rogers, then watched this. Will still check her out to at least get familiar with what she sounds like.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Didn't think it would be a big deal if I didn't go Friday but I don't think I can skip it now that I've consistently listened to Kacey Musgraves the last few days. I've always liked her stuff but would only catch a song or two here and there and was never blown away or anything. The Grammy hype got me wondering if I was missing something and I definitely was.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Anyone ever volunteered for this event? I'm thinking of volunteering for one of the setup days so I can save a little money on a one day pass for Saturday. Worth it, or just a pain in the ass?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Anyone ever volunteered for this event? I'm thinking of volunteering for one of the setup days so I can save a little money on a one day pass for Saturday. Worth it, or just a pain in the ass?

I was actually debating doing the same thing!

Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I was actually debating doing the same thing!

I sent an email to the organizers and just heard back today. I was told that if I put in one eight hour shift it'll get me two single day passes plus parking in the volunteer lot (right next to the box office and main entry) both on the day I volunteer plus whatever day I attend. Up front it seems like a pretty good deal if you have the time. Two single day passes would cost $120 plus fees and surcharges.

• Winner
Reactions: Angie

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Are there any parking options closer than the shuttle parking lot that can be bought if I'm not camping or going all three days?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Are there any parking options closer than the shuttle parking lot that can be bought if I'm not camping or going all three days?

There's a farm right when you get off I-35 that charges for parking on their property. It's just east of the camping lots, so it's a short 5-10 minute walk to the show grounds and an excellent spot to get out ahead of everyone else when it's time to leave.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
There's a farm right when you get off I-35 that charges for parking on their property. It's just east of the camping lots, so it's a short 5-10 minute walk to the show grounds and an excellent spot to get out ahead of everyone else when it's time to leave.

Is that the field where you park and the shuttle buses pick you up/drop you off?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Is that the field where you park and the shuttle buses pick you up/drop you off?

As far as I know there is no on-site shuttle service from a lot to the grounds, although it's possible I just haven't noticed them. The only shuttle service I'm aware of is the one that runs back and forth from Southridge to the festival, which I've heard is not such a great experience. Where I'm talking about is a private property just on the other side of the east treeline of the RV lot.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
As far as I know there is no on-site shuttle service from a lot to the grounds, although it's possible I just haven't noticed them. The only shuttle service I'm aware of is the one that runs back and forth from Southridge to the festival, which I've heard is not such a great experience. Where I'm talking about is a private property just on the other side of the east treeline of the RV lot.

Yeah the field right off of 35 to the east is where you park and then can catch a shuttle bus over to the concert and back after the show. Or you can walk it. We've parked there the last few years. Last year was a ***** getting out of there after the show. Thought I had heard of parking right at the concert that's available if you're willing to pay.

ccruzen

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 19, 2009
Urbandale
Yeah the field right off of 35 to the east is where you park and then can catch a shuttle bus over to the concert and back after the show. Or you can walk it. We've parked there the last few years. Last year was a ***** getting out of there after the show. Thought I had heard of parking right at the concert that's available if you're willing to pay.
You're right on this. I do know they have parking if you buy the VIP or Saints passes but those are really expensive.

aforstate

Jan 23, 2010

That's where I have parked every year so far. It works out well, and I see the family with kids there every year hanging out/collecting money so it's probably good for them.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron