"Goose" and ISU?

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I'm reading Tony Siragusa's book, "Goose", and did not know he was recruited by and even visited ISU. Must have been during Criner's tenure, the story about the trip to Ames was pretty wild. They used a Gulfstream to fly him out, unfortunately in the dead of winter. Read the book for the rest of the gory details...

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Great thread, obviously will buy the book now. Are you receiving a kickback?

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
As a new father who doesn't have time to read, could someone paraphrase the visit...

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
Great thread, obviously will buy the book now. Are you receiving a kickback?

Yes, and it's a very lucrative deal for me. :jimlad:

I just heard him on O&A a few weeks ago and he was a good interview. And by good, I meant pretty funny. Had heard Damien Echols that week, too, and got back on a reading kick (I tore through that one pretty quick.) The stories about recruiting have been interesting, those were very different times. Loved how he turned down ND, because they told him he'd have to change how he played. Or how he found Jimmy Johnson's hair to be very fake.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Im frriends with a former high level recruit from the west coast. He told me that he "heard" that one particular school in the pac that had a group of girls that the school had to show recruits around and then theyd party that night. One thing would lead to another and next thing you know joe recruit would be in a dark room with one of the girls doing some "stuff" she would get up for a minute and come back in and resume her school spirit only to have lights come on and pictures taken of the recruit naked and another male student taken. Supposedly worked well.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Not to derail but the other recruiting story that comes to mind is a friend visiting mich state and that night they send him off with mateen cleaves. He was at a house and they were all smoking and mateen goes theres 25 girls here, pick any of them you want and theyre yours. He did supposedly.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Im frriends with a former high level recruit from the west coast. He told me that he "heard" that one particular school in the pac that had a group of girls that the school had to show recruits around and then theyd party that night. One thing would lead to another and next thing you know joe recruit would be in a dark room with one of the girls doing some "stuff" she would get up for a minute and come back in and resume her school spirit only to have lights come on and pictures taken of the recruit naked and another male student taken. Supposedly worked well.

This makes no sense. What's the end game here? To have naked pictures of a recruit with a guy? I'm confused.

CyAndrew23

Dec 28, 2011
Someone should make an All-Almost Team. A team made up only of players that ISU almost landed but in the end, they went to another school and had successful careers.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
He also talked about high school wrestling (in the previous chapter), and how the heavyweight class had several future NFL guys, including Keith Sims. And of course, Goose pinned them all...

Last edited:

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Are you friends with Jesus/ray allen?
Not to derail but the other recruiting story that comes to mind is a friend visiting mich state and that night they send him off with mateen cleaves. He was at a house and they were all smoking and mateen goes theres 25 girls here, pick any of them you want and theyre yours. He did supposedly.