Friday bowls

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
KY running back gets ejected for making contact with an official. Official tried to help him up and initiated contact. RB pushed his hands away and gets ejected.

I told my daughters KY just got Iowa Stated by the refs. My oldest daugter's reply...are those Big 12 refs?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Wow, what a ridiculous call in the NW-UK game. That ref arguably missed a couple late hits by NW on that drive, then puts his hands on a UK player and ejects that player for “making contact”.

That ref should be asked to leave the game at half, if not never be allowed to official another game.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Northwestern sucks if they can't take care of Kentucky with their best offensive players removed.

I'd be pretty hot if Montgomery got ejected for incidental contact with an official...which is the gift NW just got. QB is out too.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Wow, what a ridiculous call in the NW-UK game. That ref arguably missed a couple late hits by NW on that drive, then puts his hands on a UK player and ejects that player for “making contact”.

That ref should be asked to leave the game at half, if not never be allowed to official another game.
That was just a weird play, I assumed that there was going to be a late hit call because a nw guy hit the rb way after the whistle

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Jackson's a nice player.

Wonder if Fitzgerald will ever move on from NW or just remain king. Good gig for him and they're competitive enough to be interesting.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Anyone have a gif to the ejection play? I forgot to record and missed it.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
UK should refuse to play with this crew in charge. They’re completely incompetent and someone is going to get hurt.

Chris Coyte is the ref and he should be unemployed starting at half.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Paddy Fisher LB for NW bogusly ejected for targeting. These officials are trying out for the Big XII. Man do they suck

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The targeting call may be debatable since it seems that usually involves helmet to helmet but the guy saying that's a fundamental tackle is flat out wrong. The NW LB was lucky he didn't seriously hurt himself.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The targeting call may be debatable since it seems that usually involves helmet to helmet but the guy saying that's a fundamental tackle is flat out wrong. The NW LB was lucky he didn't seriously hurt himself.

When they showed the last replay it appeared he dropped his head and led with the crown.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
When they showed the last replay it appeared he dropped his head and led with the crown.

Definitely and I believe that's the rule...I just feel like I typically see it associated with helmet contact.

Earlier Jackson and a KY defender collided via helmet but nothing came of it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Definitely and I believe that's the rule...I just feel like I typically see it associated with helmet contact.

Earlier Jackson and a KY defender collided via helmet but nothing came of it.

I don't fully understand the whole rule. A runner can drop their head and drill a defender, but not the other way. Basically what he did was spearing, what they called it in my day, and that has became a targeting call.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Paddy Fisher LB for NW bogusly ejected for targeting. These officials are trying out for the Big XII. Man do they suck

It's hard not to think there was a bit of make up call. UK's leading rusher was ejected in an even more ridiculous manner. As makeup calls go it actually was probably fair.

• Agree
Reactions: BigLame

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron