Football Parking

ABECyguy

Nov 14, 2019
Ames
Question about upgrading seats. Last year I bought 2 non-donor tickets. This year, we donated to get in the queue for parking and purchased 2 additional tickets in addition to renewing my tickets from last year. When I logged in to the ticket website today, it said this after the info on parking:
1651101393711.png

Now my question: I wasn't able to see or navigate to a "next page" that listed my current season ticket seat location. Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't seen any official information on the seat selection/upgrade process yet. Maybe they just have that message pop up even though they haven't filled in the seat locations stuff?

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Question about upgrading seats. Last year I bought 2 non-donor tickets. This year, we donated to get in the queue for parking and purchased 2 additional tickets in addition to renewing my tickets from last year. When I logged in to the ticket website today, it said this after the info on parking:
View attachment 98317

Now my question: I wasn't able to see or navigate to a "next page" that listed my current season ticket seat location. Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't seen any official information on the seat selection/upgrade process yet. Maybe they just have that message pop up even though they haven't filled in the seat locations stuff?
You are early. Seat selection doesn't come til later

Reactions: ABECyguy

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Seat selection for the displaced season ticket holders is in May, before everyone else gets to change their seats if they choose to.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Well I showed up before 4 am at the Iowa game last year, pulled into a spot with my daughter to start setting up for my group. Noticed a bunch of staring people. Then a tapping on my window. Some Jerk in a Truck...WITH A TRAILER, had pulled up behind me and said this is his spot. He said he always parks there and he has people counting on him to get it. I said well its first come first serve and he would have to take a different one.. But he threw a fit.

So after arguing for a few minutes I just moved so he could take his 2 spots for his truck and trailer. He liked to use the "this is Iowa State, I should be nice and give him the spot", not realizing how it works both ways.

As far as I knew you could not bring trailers, and could only take one spot, and it was first come first serve on spots, but this guy sure thought none of those pertained to him.

In what lot did this take place? Trailers aren’t allowed in most car lots.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
What if I drive one of those long ass cadillacs or a Ford LTD Crown Vic?
As long as you fit in a regular parking space you are fine. I probed a few years ago as we had a short bus that was borderline and was told 24 feet was the limit for non rv lots.

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Question for you guys. I really want a parking spot this year so I added a
Gold level cyclone club donation for the first time this year. With that said, I have 3 little kids and we usually just sit hillside. Can I get a parking lot pass with my donation while just buying Jr cyclone club tickets?

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Gold level cyclone club donation for the first time this year. With that said, I have 3 little kids and we usually just sit hillside. Can I get a parking lot pass with my donation while just buying Jr cyclone club tickets?
You have to purchase a parking permit but as long as they still have some available you should be able to get one. Call the Ticket Office to order one.

Reactions: tzjung

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yes, but call tomorrow because they are already scheduling people.

Last edited:

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Only if you ask nicely.

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
You have to purchase a parking permit but as long as they still have some available you should be able to get one. Call the Ticket Office to order one.
Yes, quick sign up for parking on your account, you will be at the end of the gold line but ought to get something in A1, B3, C3, D1

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
You are early. Seat selection doesn't come til later
Yeah, system is funky. I logged in and a 15 minute timer started saying I needed to make my parking selection. When in fact I don't get to choose until May 11.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
It was right next to tent row right? Many of us saw this play out after that truck/trailer and others started making their own parking rules and driving into the lots past the barricades before they actually opened.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
View attachment 98317

I don't have anything like that on my account. The info page on mine looks like this: 1651154813154.png

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Page over
Next page invites me to join the Cyclone Club. Page after that is selling t-shirts for the spirit squads. Maybe it's because I already have my lot assignment?

Basically what I'm saying is I don't think everyone has the same info pages, based on new CC donors, donor levels, etc., so advice from one of us might not be accurate for the OP's question.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: Lineup and BCClone

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Next page invites me to join the Cyclone Club. Page after that is selling t-shirts for the spirit squads. Maybe it's because I already have my lot assignment?

Basically what I'm saying is I don't think everyone has the same info pages, based on new CC donors, donor levels, etc., so advice from one of us might not be accurate for the OP's question.
What does your first page show? Looks like this is your second page.

• Agree
Reactions: 8bitnes

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron