Food in QC

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I had drinks at the Mississippi Distillery once and I thought the 1/2 Nelson looked like a cool place to eat.

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
I worked at Whitey's in their manufacturing side for a couple of summers. I just kind of assumed everyone got Whitey's every day when visiting

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Definitely lower level dining but a QC favorite is Rudy's Tacos. I like the one on W. Kimberly.

Get the enchilada plate combo. The smothered chicken is good as is the Cheese and Onion (artery clogging). I usually pick the beef for my third option.

100% NOT authentic, but it's the one dumb thing I miss when I'm in Florida for the season.

Reactions: Icky_Mettle

alenz95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 16, 2015
Bettendorf/ Ames
For pizza I would very very very strongly recommend checking out Smash Pizza in Bettendorf. Lopiez is also very good. If your wanting Quad Cities style pizza I always think that Bad Boyz does a pretty solid job.

alenz95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 16, 2015
Bettendorf/ Ames
I know other people will recommend it, but I would stay away from places like Rudy's, Happy Joes, and Hungry Hobo. All of these are kind of Quad Cities "cult classics" but end up being pretty mediocre to bad if you don't have nostalgia propping up your opinion of them.

Reactions: DFWClone

alenz95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 16, 2015
Bettendorf/ Ames
If your venturing out a bit, Twin Span Brewing by the Bett Plex has really good food options and sold beer. In Bettendorf the Tangled Wood is also a cool option. I don't love their food, but they have a good drink selection and their patio area is worth checking out.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
We used to be in the QC for a week each year. Tappas was a favorite, but apparently it is closed now. Was a good place shame. Sorry can't help any further.

Cubbieblue202

Sep 19, 2019
Some of our favorites. I'm sure I'm missing some...

Bettendorf
Central Standard
Duck Creek Pancake House
Smash Pizza
Tangled Wood
The Foundry
Twin Span Brewing

Davenport
Duck City Bistro
Exotic Thai
Half Nelson
Me & Billy's