Food in QC

CycloneEggie

Oct 28, 2011
No dine in anymore at least at the Davenport location. And their prices are sky high. The taco pizza is still good but I'd rather just have Happy Joes at this point and I wouldn't have to eat it in my damn car.
Interesting. I think I've only been to the Bettendorf location, maybe the Rock Island one as well and enjoyed both locations.

Whitey's Ice Cream is another local favorite

CY22

Sep 14, 2008
IA
I would second the idea of going to Front Street Brewery. Good assortment, and personally I like their fish and chips.

For breakfast, if you like coffee and want something quick rather than sit down, check out Redband Coffee. One location is just north of Palmer College's campus, the other is just a couple blocks away from the riverfront in Davenport. Awesome coffee, and they've got some good breakfast sandwiches, burritos, etc. Their chorizo one is fantastic.

CycloneOE

Apr 9, 2022
Davenport-
Lunardi’s Italian - great deep dish pizza

Bettendorf-
Stout Irish pub
Tangled Wood
Monarch

LeClaire-
What BBQ

Also-
MANY good Mexican restaurants

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I would second the idea of going to Front Street Brewery. Good assortment, and personally I like their fish and chips.

For breakfast, if you like coffee and want something quick rather than sit down, check out Redband Coffee. One location is just north of Palmer College's campus, the other is just a couple blocks away from the riverfront in Davenport. Awesome coffee, and they've got some good breakfast sandwiches, burritos, etc. Their chorizo one is fantastic.
Never cared much for Front Street but that chorizo sandwich at Redband is the bomb.

If you’re looking for good beer check out Endless Brews and Adventurous Brewing.

Frog

May 6, 2021
If your in the mood for a great burger, go to BeerTinis on Rockingham. In the back of the bar is a Smashedburger counter. Not the chain place. Small menu but great burgers. We go here at least once a month. Wear sunglasses as the hawk glare is bad.

We like Jersey Grille and they sport some Cyclone memorabilia too. They only place I know of around here.

Go out to Le Claire and have a Cody Road drink then go to What BBQ and bar afterwards.

Frog

May 6, 2021
Los Amigos in Le Claire now too where Blue Iguana was. I miss the Blue Iguana.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
It's OK, but overplayed. I heard it is beginning to struggle, which could be as the newness/novelty wore off.

I went there a few times last summer on my way back and forth to IN/MI. The Cajun Mac and cheese was bomb.com. They may well have fallen off since then.

CycloneSupt6

Dec 18, 2008
Davenport
QC Pancake House in Rock Island for breakfast. Can't go wrong with cinnamon roll pancakes. Second all other recommendations other than Filling Station, has gone down hill the last couple of years.

Oh and Devon's Complaint Department next to Armored Gardens for a night cap...

1TwistedCyclone

Jan 16, 2024
Cedar Falls
Used to live in Davenport.

Barrel House isn't awful in Davenport for standard pub food.

Exotic Thai on 53rd in Davenport is excellent.

Me & Billy, interesting place downtown, a little on the artisanal side, but the food is fantastic. Limited menu, but the offerings are made really well.

Front Street Pub & Eatery on River Drive is great, a little pricey for pub fare, but some nonstandard items that taste great with beers.

For breakfast, The Filling Station. Can't go wrong. Solid diner style breakfast.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
QC Pancake House in Rock Island for breakfast. Can't go wrong with cinnamon roll pancakes. Second all other recommendations other than Filling Station, has gone down hill the last couple of years.

Oh and Devon's Complaint Department next to Armored Gardens for a night cap...
That could be. I haven't been there since 2019 or so (pre-COVID). Was great before that.

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
Whiteys
Central standard, haven't been to the one in Waukee, but their mozzarella sticks are great
Monarch

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron