Field storm was unnecessary

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Well that was fun, thanks for entertaining me for the day. Can't wait until the next very important thread discussing school colors. Good day Lame-os.

• Funny
Reactions: bozclone

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I saw 7 point favorites, but it was still a big win for us to stay relevant. Not to mention a much needed win over a top 10 opponent who had plenty of help from the refs so all that frustration was released with some excessive celebration. They already threw the flag, that shouldn't have been thrown for excessively celebration, so might as well excessively celebrate and earn it by storming the field.

Well then that begs another question. How the H was an unranked team a touchdown favorite over a top 10 team? I don't bet or even pay attention to lines. Is is common to see that? Seems maybe we should still be a top 15 or even 20 team. We goosed the moose against Iowa.......who was #10 at the time, drop to 14.......lose by 2 at Baylor and disappear. Then all of a sudden as an unranked team we are favored by 7 to beat #8???

Apr 19, 2006
Well then that begs another question. How the H was an unranked team a touchdown favorite over a top 10 team? I don't bet or even pay attention to lines. Is is common to see that? Seems maybe we should still be a top 15 or even 20 team. We goosed the moose against Iowa.......who was #10 at the time, drop to 14, loss by 2 at Baylor and disappear. Then all of a sudden as an unranked team we are favored by 7 to beat #8???

Because all of the analysts realized that we were turnover heavy and if we take care of the ball better we are a whole lot better than our record. I know turnovers are part of football and the other team made good plays, etc., so don't kill the messenger. Most of them said they would pick ISU to win, but not all agreed they would cover.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I admit, I rushed. Got as far as the end of my row before I hit the rest of the crowd slowly filing down from the upper deck. Yeah, I am old and my rush was lame.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Poor Bama fans. They will never get to experience a field storming because they will always be the betting favorite.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Seriously, in today’s world everyone needs to have some fun. Sports should be fun! I don’t understand all the prudes.

• Agree
Reactions: bsaltyman

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Really, sports are not necessary, they are solely for entertainment purposes. They are quite fun though. So if you are willing to let people have fun during the game, why can’t they have fun after the game?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Maybe next time let the players storm the tailgate lots.

Kidding but that would actually be wild.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron