Favorite Holiday Cookie

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
May I ask what a hot chocolate cookie entails? I’m interested

Essentially it's a decadent chocolate cookie made with hot chocolate and mini marshmallows and a large marshmallow melted in the center.

This is the best picture I could find that looks similar to what mine look like.

IMG_8814.jpg

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
So I decided to go with my hot chocolate cookies with Peppermint chocolate icing and crushed Peppermint on top to give it a Christmas flair.

Just entered them into competition along with my other two categories. Hoping for an Honorable mention at least but the competition is stiff this year. 189 cookies entered

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
My favorite is a dipped ginger cookie. They have molasses in them so are kind of a cross between a soft ginger cookie and a molasses cookie. Then you can dip/drizzle white chocolate on them. I do them in the fall with Halloween colored sprinkles on the white chocolate or at Christmas with Christmas sprinkles. My other favorites are all a chocolate base and then add things that you like—I do some that are rolo stuffed, peppermint ones (using various forms of peppermint chips in the dough), mocha ones, etc. My daughter also used the same base to come up with cookies for an English class project. She made a cookie recipe based on Ella Fitzgerald. We added triple chocolate M&M’s (it was a limited release), dried cherries, and pretzel bits.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
So I decided to go with my hot chocolate cookies with Peppermint chocolate icing and crushed Peppermint on top to give it a Christmas flair.

Just entered them into competition along with my other two categories. Hoping for an Honorable mention at least but the competition is stiff this year. 189 cookies entered

you should audition for Holiday Baking Championships.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My favorite is a dipped ginger cookie. They have molasses in them so are kind of a cross between a soft ginger cookie and a molasses cookie. Then you can dip/drizzle white chocolate on them. I do them in the fall with Halloween colored sprinkles on the white chocolate or at Christmas with Christmas sprinkles. My other favorites are all a chocolate base and then add things that you like—I do some that are rolo stuffed, peppermint ones (using various forms of peppermint chips in the dough), mocha ones, etc. My daughter also used the same base to come up with cookies for an English class project. She made a cookie recipe based on Ella Fitzgerald. We added triple chocolate M&M’s (it was a limited release), dried cherries, and pretzel bits.

You give out cookies for Halloween? May have to get the youngest to go trick or treating this year.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
You give out cookies for Halloween? May have to get the youngest to go trick or treating this year.

Sadly, no. But conferences and other school events tend to happen in the fall—the teachers love these.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
My wifes grandmother makes a super good thin gingersnap cookie (think same size as a Ritz cracker and crunchy- not burnt but crispy) that are to die for and also a sugar cookie with the sugar sprinkles on the top about the same size but thicker and just as crisp. I dont know how she does it!

Side note about same grandmother..... she gives tins of cherry chocolate cookies to the grown up grandsons every year and I do not like them at all but I do not have the heart to tell her thanks but no thanks on the cherry chocolate cookies. I end up giving them to my BIL.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
That’s great. Congrats! The Double Chocolate Chunk Mocha ......
For the “drop” cookies category I'm thinking I'm gonna go with my Double Chocolate Chunk Mocha cookies that has won a ribbon at the Iowa State Fair. Picture attached.

For the "bar" cookies, I'm thinking I'm going with my salted caramel chocolate chip cookie bars. Though I couldn't find a picture.

I won. I make the best cookies in Texas. I'm still drunk with excitement.

zlIcZzS.jpg

csWOl7K.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron