Ethan Kazmerzak Found

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
that doesn't look like the windows are rolled down
agree. I went back and edited my original post that stated the front windows had been rolled down (or crushed in). The dive team actually said that the passenger side front window was down. I don't recall them saying anything about the driver's side front window.

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Whoa whoa whoa, you gave up way too early. Come back at him with grouting the whole quarry and then tell him that you don't need to drain the whole aquifer, because that's ridiculous. :)
Spoken like a true engineer! Good one, that gave me a good chuckle! :D

Reactions: DurangoCy

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
The dive team that found the car addressed the issue of the original searches not finding anything. According to them, the sonar technology that was used in 2013 would not be as advanced as that used by the current team and the original sonar equipment may have been even older than 2013 technology. According to the current dive team, it would have been very easy to not be able to locate the car in 2013. The current dive team, as I recall, couldn't find it on an initial search, however they changed the sonar settings and tried again. That is when they finally spotted it.

The current dive team was pretty emphatic that the previous failed attempts to find the car was not unusual and was not the fault of the searchers. This info comes from the youtube video posted by the OP.
You are correct. I just watched the video on the KCCI website and they said they did not find it on their initial pass and that they changed some settings and then found it.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
The YouTube crew said it was a tip from a viewer that saw a previous video of the pond. Would be interested to know what they think they saw that tipped them off.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
The YouTube crew said it was a tip from a viewer that saw a previous video of the pond. Would be interested to know what they think they saw that tipped them off.
They said the tip told them they were at the wrong pond the first time this crew came a month earlier. They believed the party was at a different pond, and did not search this one. So that is why they returned to this pond on their return trip. Then someone had seen something on a satellite image in the water, but it was on the other side of the pond from where the car was found, it was just a anomaly in the satellite image, when they checked it. They checked that spot first, then found the car shortly after that in the subsequent pass around the pond.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011