Duals this week (Utah Valley/Pitt)

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
If you don’t live in Ames or won’t already be there, I would strongly suggest staying home. Travel will be almost impossible tomorrow.
Good to know. I'm up in Minny, but want to come down.

CyDawg23

Nov 13, 2017
If you don’t live in Ames or won’t already be there, I would strongly suggest staying home. Travel will be almost impossible tomorrow.
I made the round trip from Johnston the other day for the ISU v Houston game. That drive was undesirable, but nothing compared to what’s expected for tomorrow. I suggest staying home, grabbing a couple drinks, and enjoying the show in the warmth of your home.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
1) I would think that would entirely depend on him and if he has done the little things right since this last weekend

2) Would love to see Casey go this weekend to get back into it but also want to make sure he is 100% before seeing him.
No reason to rush him back. We know what we have there.

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
Does anyone in West Des Moines or Ankeny (or anywhere in between) have an extra Johnnys pass for tomorrow? We are going to try to get up there still to root on the Clones, and are short one wristband.

Proton

SuperFanatic
Aug 19, 2019
I have two tickets available Friday for anyone who wants them. The seats are right above the opposing team tunnel. Maybe choosing where to sit won’t be an issue though with the weather lol.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
With everyone not able to get there with the weather Friday, I expect the Pitt dual to be freakin’ packed! Let’s make it happen boys!

ABECyguy

Nov 14, 2019
Ames
Sounds like todays match will be moved up to 5 and closed to the public.
Just saw some information on this from cyclones.com:

Iowa State-Utah Valley Wrestling Match Information​

21 hours ago
Wrestling 01.12.2024

AMES, Iowa – Due to blizzard conditions throughout the state of Iowa, Friday's Iowa State-Utah Valley wrestling match will be held at 5 p.m. at Hilton Coliseum. The Big 12 Conference match was originally scheduled for 7 p.m.

Because of the hazardous conditions and travel not being recommended throughout the state, Hilton Coliseum will have limited staff.

Access roads, parking lots and sidewalks to Hilton Coliseum may be impassable. The ticket office, concessions and other guest services in the arena will be closed. The street-level west entrance will be the only access into the arena. Johnny's will not be open for MatCYd Club members and there will be no pre-meet chalk talk.

Iowa State strongly encourages fans to avoid traveling and to watch the broadcast on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.

Iowa State continues to gather information on the pending weather event and more information on its other home events scheduled for the weekend will be announced as it becomes available.”

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Just saw some information on this from cyclones.com:

Iowa State-Utah Valley Wrestling Match Information​

21 hours ago
Wrestling 01.12.2024

AMES, Iowa – Due to blizzard conditions throughout the state of Iowa, Friday's Iowa State-Utah Valley wrestling match will be held at 5 p.m. at Hilton Coliseum. The Big 12 Conference match was originally scheduled for 7 p.m.

Because of the hazardous conditions and travel not being recommended throughout the state, Hilton Coliseum will have limited staff.

Access roads, parking lots and sidewalks to Hilton Coliseum may be impassable. The ticket office, concessions and other guest services in the arena will be closed. The street-level west entrance will be the only access into the arena. Johnny's will not be open for MatCYd Club members and there will be no pre-meet chalk talk.

Iowa State strongly encourages fans to avoid traveling and to watch the broadcast on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.

Iowa State continues to gather information on the pending weather event and more information on its other home events scheduled for the weekend will be announced as it becomes available.”
Why don’t they just say it’s closed?

Funny note, but one time in college I had a dual at UVU and they had a winter storm. The storm knocked out power to their arena. However, their wrestling room was in a different building that had power. Needless to say, we wrestled the dual in the wrestling room. There were probably 15 fans there standing in the room. Yes, this was a division 1 dual in a wrestling room, pillars and all.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Why don’t they just say it’s closed?

Funny note, but one time in college I had a dual at UVU and they had a winter storm. The storm knocked out power to their arena. However, their wrestling room was in a different building that had power. Needless to say, we wrestled the dual in the wrestling room. There were probably 15 fans there standing in the room. Yes, this was a division 1 dual in a wrestling room, pillars and all.
That's an ultimate SICKO fan experience right there