District in Ankeny new construction

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Already I've dug around and can't find anything.

What's the new construction in the library parking lot in Ankeny where they had the Summerfest stage at last year? It's just to the West of the new building with the permanent stage.

I'll be riding my bike thru there tonight and can answer my own question, but curious if any of you know?

Last edited:

ISULibrarian

Apr 17, 2010
Already I've dug around and can't find anything.

What's the new construction in the library parking lot in Ankeny where they had the Summerfest stage at last year? It's just to the West

I'll be riding my bike thru there tonight and can answer my own question, but curious if any of you know?
Are you referring to Building 7 on this mockup? https://thedistrictpt.com/2022/02/25/new-buildings-and-hotel-coming-to-prairie-trail/ If so, 30hop is moving into larger space there, and opening a sister restaurant in the current location, in addition to other business and apartments going in there.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Are you talking about this building and stage area by the breakfast club?

EDIT: Someone beat me to it

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
The 4-story "District 7" combined stage + restaurants + office building kind of looks like a monstrosity.

I think to myself "who would want to have an office in that kind of building, attached to a stage?" but I've been surprised before.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Silent Bob stole the schematics from some foolish carpenter and found a weakness just like the ******* Death Star. You knock this crossbeam out and, ******* bickety-bam, the whole stage comes crashing down.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Did you get an answer? I drove by there and couldn't tell. No signs.

I did yea. Took pics. Just a staging area. The Exterior to the stage building is still bare, was thinking they were farther along.

Curious how they handle the summerfest concerts this year with that area unavailable? Because in 2022 they had capacity issues on Satuday night and the stage was pretty much where it is now.

Last edited:
Reactions: khardbored

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I did yea. Took pics. Just a staging area. The Exterior to the stage building is still bare, was thinking they were farther along.

Curious how they handle the summerfest concerts this year with that area unavailable? Because in 2022 they had capacity issues on Satuday night and the stage was pretty much where it is now.

Personally, I'd be happy if all Summerfest concerts end at 8:30 PM sharp. :)

(I know, I'm a grumpy old man.)
angry-old-man-get-off-my-lawn-atxk9ydtk3m04wdu.gif